• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Nordstrom pick up. 49% cashmere/51% silk blend
I saw this same jacket at my Nordstrom Rack yesterday - tagged at $1049 less 25%. How much was yours?!

dad2bandm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kind of ticked (with myself).

Thrifted a nice Canali linen short-sleeve shirt, that fits me well, earlier this weekend. I ended up wearing it on the weekend, and somehow, got a tiny hole in it on my left torso. At least it's in a spot where one may not notice it, but I know it's there, and it's bugging me.

The material is light yellow, and a fine linen weave. When I have time this week, I'm going to try and figure out if I can get it repaired.

GM-H

Reaction score
For me, thats the beauty of thrifting. I just ripped a RLPL buttondown sailing yesterday, prob should not have worn it doing something so active, but it was probably $5. Throw it in the gutter and go find another

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up this eidos from B&S for, gulp, $225. But it's worth it, I think. But it doesn't come with a lapel pin. Anyone got a line on one of those?

In related news, I'll be selling a lot of stuff cheap to pay for this quickly (so my wife doesn't kill me).

Last edited:

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^^Very nice! I was in Bloomingdale's on Saturday fondling the Edios stuff. First time handling it, and I've got to say, I was impressed. You will not be disappointed. On a related note, I don't think I can ever pay retail for anything ever again, high end at least. I cringed dropping $10 on some tee shirts from H&M. :foo:

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For me, thats the beauty of thrifting. I just ripped a RLPL buttondown sailing yesterday, prob should not have worn it doing something so active, but it was probably $5. Throw it in the gutter and go find another

+1 on thrifted clothing being disposable
+10 on the excellent Boyz in the Hood reference

the2ndhandman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went to the rack had they had allot of stuff like eidos,zegna,canali 1934 and moncler but even with the 25% there was nothing worth touching at the prices they were asking. So I hit the thrift store on my way home and grabbed a pair of park avenues and a filson mackinaw both new with the tags for $40 now that's a clearance sale.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^^^^Very nice! I was in Bloomingdale's on Saturday fondling the Edios stuff. First time handling it, and I've got to say, I was impressed. You will not be disappointed. On a related note, I don't think I can ever pay retail for anything ever again, high end at least. I cringed dropping $10 on some tee shirts from H&M. :foo:

Yea thrifting has 100% fucked up the way I shop for myself

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Yeezy boost...some cooltrucker hid the other shoe.so I hid this one.fight fire with fire.
BULLSHIT YOU THRIFTED YEEZY(S)!??!?! I would have bought the single one.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeezy boost...some cooltrucker hid the other shoe.so I hid this one.fight fire with fire.
I hate new shoe concepts like that cuz there really isn't much info on how tell fakes from the real deal. Fake yeezy boosts hit Craigslist by me super quick. Not at all saying those are fake just ranting I guess.

silverwarebandit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I didn't leave the house until 4pm today and thought there was no point in stopping at any thrifts. I stopped at one anyways. The parking lot was full, the place was a mad house, as it always is on the weekends. Everything seemed terribly picked over, but I found these two.
I don't know **** about Julius, so I'm hoping you guys don't kill my vibe and tell me it's fake or some crap. Seems nice enough. The other tag says made in Japan, etc. Gangster-as-can-be ivory cashmere Brioni jacket w/ leather piping and silk lining. It has a couple small moth holes down low on a sleeve. Really, if it has to have damage, that's a good spot. The front and back are perfect, so I'll take that! Both NA right now, sorry. Grand total:
1f631.png
1f631.png
1f631.png
1f631.png
1f631.png
1f631.png
1f631.png
1f631.png
Got damn!
Got home from Chicago earlier this evening. Had a great time with the lady, ate amazing food, saw incredible art and didn't find a damn thing at the one GW stop I made but that's alright.
Beautiful city. What WASN'T alright was the airline losing my bag. Bag was nowhere to be found when I arrived back in Reno today. I know that I haven't been at it for long at all but that bag contained many items I have thrifted for myself in attempting to build a respectable CM wardrobe and, although humble by many standards, I'm damn proud of them and was ******* gutted at the thought of them being either lost in the bowels of Chicago Midway airport or in the hands of some oblivious traveler who grabbed my bag by mistake. My Brooks Brothers Black Fleece SC that fits me like it was made for me..my suede Sutor Mantellassi chukkas that I have yet to even wear..my Iron Hearts..my Zegna sweater gifted by @mistermidwester that I absolutely love..my Ricci and Hackett ties..my crocodile belt! GONE.
giphy.gif
So I collected myself and did the only thing I could think of to make myself feel better...hit the nearest thrift. 2x pop for me (nothing special but I've been wanting to find a Hermes tie since day one and the Tyrwhitt is an added bonus) Just got a phone call about a half hour ago and they found my bag and are delivering it to my door tonight!
200.gif
Good to be home. Hope you all have a great holiday!
Glad you're getting your bag back! That GW has some of the best finds in the city, but it's also got at times 12 people or more attacking new racks when they roll out. But, if you get in there and fight its worth it.

Last edited:

highvoltorb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Makeshift studio putting a nail on a white wall. Some of these turned out better than my mannequin pictures probably would have. This was a #onestop at rag-o-rama. Forgot to take a picture of a W&H waffle knit henley but oh well.

This isn't just a thread first, it appears to be a Styleforum first. It is absolutely baller.

It's a bird, reading a book.

Abe would have rocked the **** out of these.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads