• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another fascinating thing about this picture is how completely different @TheNeedMachine looks from what I pictured. Its funny on an online forum how you get a mental picture of someone and the reality is either almost completely accurate or completely wrong.

Heh - that ain't me...pic is from an online forum, and I thought the hoodie was cool / would probably buy if someone made them.

Reosymes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@impuntura i would take the position that it's just cloth. seeing the Lanificio on the lining reinforces that for me.
I would guess the same. I haven't seen the 'Ing Loro Piana' cloth tag on mainine LP pieces, because I imagine it's sort of assumed they'd use their own cloth. Just my guess.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1989 model Le Tour?

http://bikecatalogs.org/SCHWINN/MODELS/Le Tour.html

A decent bike for sure, but possibly not compatible with newer components. This was a seven speed group. Check the rear hub spacing, as the frame may only be compatible with six and seven speed components.

That said, if it works and is in the condition it appears to be in, it's definitely usable/sellable.

It had two gears in front and 5 in the back. Isn't that a ten speed? I don't want it, I don't know enough about these to buy it to sell myself. But, if someone else wanted it, I could help. Price was about $100, but they have discount days coming up.

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Perfect complement to my RL sofa :D

http://www.ralphlaurenhome.com/prod...spx?haid=62&collId=&sort=&phaid=&itemId=10373

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It had two gears in front and 5 in the back. Isn't that a ten speed? I don't want it, I don't know enough about these to buy it to sell myself. But, if someone else wanted it, I could help. Price was about $100, but they have discount days coming up.

I probably would only buy if it was in pristine condition. There's definitely a market for old ten speeds.

Interesting that it only has a 2x5 setup. The paint job matches the '89 model, which would have come with 2x7 or 3x7. I suppose someone could have bought the frame at some point and added their own components.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@impuntura
 i would take the position that it's just cloth. seeing the Lanificio on the lining reinforces that for me.

I found a LP bespoke suit a few years back with that exact green tag on it. Also had the inner LP tags too, so.....

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

For those interested in vintage furs, I went to an estate sale yesterday that had a whole bunch.   I'm still not convinced that the majority of furs are worth kopping.

From my very limited experience and research, it seems like it's all about styling with vintage furs. People don't want the dated looking stuff.

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I found a LP bespoke suit a few years back with that exact green tag on it. Also had the inner LP tags too, so.....

No inner tags on this obe trust me i looked hard lol

dukedishin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@330CK holy cow that's amazing. when i move, i'm flying you, @ChetB , and @impuntura to come decorate my house. You know, assuming I'm suddenly wealthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads