• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

http://cirq.myshopify.com/collections/shop-mens/products/pax-700-down-hooded-jacket
Popped one of these in my size for $25 Friday night before going out drinking / etc. Pretty good Birthday!
cheers.gif

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So you mean the buyer at the store passed on Black Fleece? I always think about this.

What kind of awesome stuff is coming in to those stores and the stupid buyers are passing on it? The couple times I have found high end shirts like Brioni, etc they are always less than J.Crew or similar brands because they don't seem to know what that stuff is. Just makes me think of what could have been there, but the dumb employees didn't want it. 

I've seen some really well dressed folks packing up bags of turned-down stuff at Crossroads and Buffalo Exchange and then walking back out the door. If I had a better idea of what they had, I'd chase em down and offer em cash. Those stores give them peanuts for their stuff.

Last edited:

Heider

Reaction score
As a somewhat of a rookie to the world of thrifting, I have spent a great deal of my holidays reading old posts from this thread and getting even more addicted to the world of it. Here´s some findings from the last month or so that make me super happy.

The Canali looks kind of suspect but I´m pretty sure the Hermes is legit.

Found a Barbour beaufort jacket in a really good condition for six euros and gave it to my dad for christmas. I found this hat yesterday for two euros, gonna surprise my dad with it. He really likes bucket hats, much to the dismay of my mom.

Anyone familiar with this? Seems to be of somewhat decent quality.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holy ****. Is that a BIG size?

It's big but not giant. Size approx. XL. I'm 6' 1", 185# and it fits me in the sleeves, and is about 7" from the floor when I wear it so it's relatively long. Shoulders are a tad big on me, but not like it's a fitted garment. Came from the rich people estate sale and has some bits of damage but I didn't care. No tags anywhere, I'd assume silk and probably MTO given the other bespoke stuff they had. Available if anyone's gotta have it.

futuremyth

Reaction score
Discount day! Not 10% of retail but pretty close after you consider how low the Canadian dollar is compared to USD. I had a $1500 car repair bill yesterday, so I can't offer straight proxy on these, but if any thread regulars are interested PM and we can work something out.
wMOI9sD.jpg
Rick Owens calfskin jacket, sz. 40, "DNA Dust" colour aka brown
CL3z7mO.jpg
RLBL "Nigel" black suit, 42R

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WTF. I just moved my vintage Kenwood receiver from one room to another, hooked up the speakers & turntable and now have a loud hum outta one channel. I guess I hosed that receiver. I even tried fixing it (e.g.: I smacked it). So in the last week or two - turntable hosed, receiver hosed, vinyl hosed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads