• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chihaya

Reaction score
Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster. Just wanted to give you a heads up if you're planning on grabbing the Admiral coat when it goes on sale, I bought it full price and it's absolutely gorgeous and fits pretty great but the brass buttons on it are flimsy as hell, I've had to reattach them several times now. I'd honestly return it if I didn't love it so much, really disappointed considering they fell off literally the second day of me wearing it.

Fenderplyr

Reaction score
Does anyone own these Ralph Lauren slim cargos? Wondering if they are TTS or like the size down two RRL guide.

View attachment 1073765
Haven't worn Polo pants in about a year but my last pair was the usual RRL sizing of tag +2

Do y'all recommend hanging or folding button up shirts and cardigans/sweaters?

I never hang anything with a soft knit or loose weave that can stretch from hanging, most button ups are fine but always fold sweaters and cardigans

FlaSurfer

Reaction score
Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster. Just wanted to give you a heads up if you're planning on grabbing the Admiral coat when it goes on sale, I bought it full price and it's absolutely gorgeous and fits pretty great but the brass buttons on it are flimsy as hell, I've had to reattach them several times now. I'd honestly return it if I didn't love it so much, really disappointed considering they fell off literally the second day of me wearing it.

RRL is notorious for poorly sewn buttons...

6ixSide

Reaction score
Does anyone with access to the private sale know if the cargos will be on sale? I'm looking to pick up either the olive or camo.

oynag

Reaction score
Does anyone with access to the private sale know if the cargos will be on sale? I'm looking to pick up either the olive or camo.

Strangely, no cargos. Mostly officer/field chinos and some dress pants. These utility pants are the closest thing:

https://www.ralphlauren.com/men-clothing-pants/bedford-corduroy-utility-pant/442988.html

Standard disclaimer: make sure to wake up early and check anyway. List could be off. Sometimes it uses weird names or things are categorized incorrectly.

aquila49

Reaction score
Yeah it's ridiculous how flimsy the stitching is on them. The few that haven't fallen off yet are visibly rubbing through the stitch holding them in place.

It's been nagging me for years. I've had to ask my tailor to replace all the buttons on at least one jacket and a couple of shirts.

Cooly

Reaction score
RRL is notorious for poorly sewn buttons...
Button problems transcend the Ralph line Purple, RRL, Polo...its actually one of their signatures...no matter the price or location its made (Italy, China, or Philippines) ..buttons will fly within days/weeks of buying...

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question on RRL leather jackets? I know you're paying for the brand name of course, but how are they compared to say Schott?

jimilli

Reaction score

Fenderplyr

Reaction score
Question on RRL leather jackets? I know you're paying for the brand name of course, but how are they compared to say Schott?
I've never been a fan of schotts leathers, fits or hardware that they use so in that regard I like RRL jackets more by comparison. That being said you can get an exponentially better jacket for the same price of an RRL from any of the Japanese makers

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads