• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

oynag

Reaction score
Any experience with the cotton-wool western jacket (fit, etc.)?

Not the jacket, but the buttons. I ordered a black Western that had typical round snap buttons in the pictures online yet it arrived with those diamond buttons. They are very shiny and (visually) loud in person. While they looked completely out of place on a traditional Western, that jacket is going for something bolder which maybe works.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man, I wish RRL was better at patterns. I have several pairs of rigid selvage officers chinos (khaki, olive, sulphur, natural) in my correct waist size (31) that are just too slim in the thigh. It feels like they just taper too quickly- thighs are snug, but a bit of a diaper butt in the seat. I do a fair amount of cycling, so my quads are a bit big for my size, but I'm pretty skinny overall! A few pairs are tagged 32W, and they fit well overall if I bring the waist in an inch.

Fenderplyr

Reaction score
Wearing the cable knit cpo shirt today. One of my favorite pieces, this pic doesn't give any justice to the wash and the texture of the knit. Arms are a little baggy but lends to the sweater type feel 20180126_094437.jpg

McSp

Reaction score
Just arrived the Indigo Dobby Workshirt. With my disappointment I noticed how different is in person. It's just a dark indigo shirt with anything special while in the website seemed to have a kind of personality. The so said "subtle jaspé stripes" are so subtle that you hardly notice them. My fault I still trust the website photos.
Indigo Dobby Workshirt.png

aquila49

Reaction score
Man, I wish RRL was better at patterns. I have several pairs of rigid selvage officers chinos (khaki, olive, sulphur, natural) in my correct waist size (31) that are just too slim in the thigh. It feels like they just taper too quickly- thighs are snug, but a bit of a diaper butt in the seat. I do a fair amount of cycling, so my quads are a bit big for my size, but I'm pretty skinny overall! A few pairs are tagged 32W, and they fit well overall if I bring the waist in an inch.

Feeling your pain. I'm a big fan of RRL rigid chinos—they possess substance and age beautifully—but have similar issues with the sizing.

My true waist size is 33.0, which translates to size 30 or 31 in the RRL world. I own several chinos that I rarely wear because of the "saggy-butt" syndrome—but I'm reluctant to have someone take them in and possibly screw them up even worse. I also have a couple of pairs in size 32 that I don't wear at all—I need to sell them or try to have them altered.

What's been your experience with rigid-chino alterations?

Anyone else want to chime in on this?

Fenderplyr

Reaction score
Feeling your pain. I'm a big fan of RRL rigid chinos—they possess substance and age beautifully—but have similar issues with the sizing.

My true waist size is 33.0, which translates to size 30 or 31 in the RRL world. I own several chinos that I rarely wear because of the "saggy-butt" syndrome—but I'm reluctant to have someone take them in and possibly screw them up even worse. I also have a couple of pairs in size 32 that I don't wear at all—I need to sell them or try to have them altered.

I had a pair of olive rigid chinos tailored by the average small town tailor. He clearly never worked on this type of fabric before since as soon as i tried them on they split right down the ass seam. He fixed them with the an additional row of stitching

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

I had a pair of rigid officer chinos taken in at the seat, and they turned out alright. No complaints with the outcome.

keepondigging

Reaction score
Glad I'm not the only one who has experienced a rather unflattering gathering of material in the rear end region of my RRL Officer chinos. Is there a reason they are cut like that (maybe something to do with the original military piece they referenced)? Or maybe I just need to get 'thicc'.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've done my own alteration on the waist and seat of my rigid chinos. It's not a tough job, especially due to the split waistband. The hardest part is sewing the belt loop back in because it is so thick.

Which ones do you have in 32W? I might be interested! I can tolerate 31W, but greatly prefer 32W with the waist and seat taken in.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have no issues with the chinos or slim denim fits but I have huge issue with inconsistent sizing to the point I won't order online anymore from them (and Toronto stores don't carry RRL) which is unfortunate.

kwonster

Reaction score
Agree with the consensus that sizing for RRL chinos is pretty ridiculous. I'm lucky to have a RL store locally, so I usually just order 2-3 sizes of every chino I like, then keep the one that fits best, ranging from 31-33. It was annoying when they could not transfer sizes and I had to do online orders because stores could not process returns from online orders and I had to wait 3-4 weeks, but nowadays its instantly processed in store.

I have about 7-8 pairs, but the gunmetal color is generally my favorite.

I had this shirt but returned it because it was a bit warm for socal, and the arms were really baggy on me, but the texture is quite nice.

aquila49

Reaction score
Thanks to all who shared their experiences with RRL rigid chinos! Greatly appreciated. Sounds like sizing is an issue for just about everyone.

We haven't seen any rigid chinos from RRL for a few seasons now. I wonder if they're moving away from them. To me it's an item that should be a staple for any heritage-style brand.

FlaSurfer

Reaction score
Thanks to all who shared their experiences with RRL rigid chinos! Greatly appreciated. Sounds like sizing is an issue for just about everyone.

We haven't seen any rigid chinos from RRL for a few seasons now. I wonder if they're moving away from them. To me it's an item that should be a staple for any heritage-style brand.

I have 4 pair of rigids; navy, khaki and olive in standard and the khaki in slim that I have been breaking in over the years. Love them but presently can't wear any as at least one fly button has fallen off everyone... So annoying. I've pretty much stopped buying any RRL pants that don't have the metal shank fly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads