• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

abcdefghijkl

Reaction score

Who owns a pair of the green limited edition slim fits? These came out in...2015?

I'm curious about the sizing - does this pair match up with typical RRL slim fit sizing, or did they come out larger / smaller in the waist / thigh, etc?

Thanks in advance.

Comparisons between
Olive LE 32 / East West 32x32 / Fairmont 32x32
Waist 17.5 / 17.5 / 17.5
Front rise 10.5 / 10 / 10.5
Back rise 15 / 15 / 15
Thigh 11 / 11 / 11
Knee 8.5 / 8.5 / 8.5
Leg opening 8 / 7.5 / 7.5
Inseam 36.5 / 33.5 / 34.5

The Olive LE denim feels thinner/lighter than the others so that slightly affects the fit also.

oynag

Reaction score

Here's the striped canvas jacket and the indigo polo.

Thank you for the pictures. That jacket has been on my wish list.

On the topic of stripes and summer items, I ordered this and kept it:

[Edit: forgot the picture- just stock photo, need to do some fit pics]

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=90497176

It's longer in the body than I expected and I'm surprised that I like it that way. It's not t-shirt material. It's a light knit. Good for evenings.

Last edited:

carloso

Reaction score
For anyone who ordered the type 2 denim jacket, has your ordered shipped? The jeans I ordered with it have already been shipped out and I'm getting a funny feeling the jacket may be cancelled...

Gruff

Reaction score
For anyone who ordered the type 2 denim jacket, has your ordered shipped? The jeans I ordered with it have already been shipped out and I'm getting a funny feeling the jacket may be cancelled...

Yeah, my order shipped Friday. Should be here tomorrow. I ordered a L and M, and at least one will be going back depending on the fit.

carloso

Reaction score
Yeah, my order shipped Friday. Should be here tomorrow. I ordered a L and M, and at least one will be going back depending on the fit.

Ah I see, thanks for the response.

When I placed the order, inventory was indicating that 5 were available in medium so I hope it won't get cancelled.

Gruff

Reaction score
Ah I see, thanks for the response.

When I placed the order, inventory was indicating that 5 were available in medium so I hope it won't get cancelled.

I wouldn't sweat it. They probably just got overwhelmed with the volume of orders after prices dropped for the sale.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

FYI- RRL is not part of corporate PRL. It is under the sole proprietary ownership of and controlled by Ralph.

This is not correct. RRL is an operating unit of Ralph Lauren Corporation, which is the public holding company. That said, Ralph Lauren owns 82% of the outstanding voting common stock so he effectively controls the company, but I would think as Chairman of its Board of Directors, he has a fiduciary responsibility to maximize returns to the other 18% of its shareholders, even if he himself were comfortable subsidizing RRL's operating losses (this seems to be the conventional wisdom, but since RL Corporation's SEC reports do not break out segment performance, it's hard to validate the assumption that RRL does indeed lose money) indefinitely. However, there are at least some, non-monetary benefits of the line (i.e. celebrity adoption, goodwill) that could come into the equation, making it a not so cut and dried operating decision..

Gruff

Reaction score
This is not correct. RRL is an operating unit of Ralph Lauren Corporation, which is the public holding company. That said, Ralph Lauren owns 82% of the outstanding voting common stock so he effectively controls the company, but I would think as Chairman of its Board of Directors, he has a fiduciary responsibility to maximize returns to the other 18% of its shareholders, even if he himself were comfortable subsidizing RRL's operating losses (this seems to be the conventional wisdom, but since RL Corporation's SEC reports do not break out segment performance, it's hard to validate the assumption that RRL does indeed lose money) indefinitely. However, there are at least some, non-monetary benefits of the line (i.e. celebrity adoption, goodwill) that could come into the equation, making it a not so cut and dried operating decision..

Damn, well that sucks. Guess it's not all that insulated, then.

aquila49

Reaction score
Doesn't Wrangler have a completely vintage-like line called "blue bell" that has a similar aesthetic?

Yes, another one I overlooked. In addition to Blue Bell, other mainstream companies with vintage lines include Lee (Lee 101), Carhartt (Carharrt WIP) and Dickies (Dickies 1922). Even Dickies got into the vintage game a few years back with their K-1 line. I don't think K-1 is active anymore but I own a few pairs of Cramerton distressed khakis that I work into the rotation. K-1 items still pop up on eBay every once in awhile.

Mon Dieu

Reaction score

If the whole deal goes south (POLO) they could be sold off ala LEVIS/ LVC before big E bought it back. May not be such a bad thing, odds on this happening are slim but brick/mortar retailing is taking a hit now to say the least.

Unrelated, but FREEWHEELERS Great Lakes should be in the mix of options to RRL

Enjoy

Bespoke 51

Reaction score

My comment was based on my behind the scenes knowledge at 650 Madison Ave. Unless this is a recent change, it was always detailed to me that RRL was Ralph's and separate and distinct from everything else.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads