• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

whats up with these new sweatshirts that look like A&F copycats?

Look like **** don't they. Things like that combined with the whole "kiddy RRL" thing is leaving me a little puzzled lately tbh.

Dave_SFU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I noticed a few new leathers on the site this morning but this one in particular stood out to me the most.... .
pPOLO2-16255740_standard_t240.jpg
http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/...b=ln_men_cs2_seeall&view=99&parentPage=family At this point I don't know what to make of it. Although, I'm sure the closer we arrive to the private sale it will have jumped more than quite a few places on my depth chart for this season.
Saw this one in a lookbook a few weeks ago. Reminds me of the Mister Freedom Bronco Champ but as a bomber. I really like it but wish it was a Cafe Racer in the same two tone colors. I might just commission Aero to make one. Theres a bunch of awesome hats/bags from this collection as well as some sweaters and shirts that dont seem to be online yet. Theres alot of stuff that sucks too like switching the wallets and leather goods to being Made in China

Jagger_On

Reaction score
Not really feeling any of those leather jackets for some reason. Think that's probably just me though. Based on the items I've seen in store, this is definitely my favourite shirt so far. Will probably pick it up in a week or two.

Theres alot of stuff that sucks too like switching the wallets and leather goods to being Made in China

I'm not sure I fully understand this point of view. What difference should it make whether something is made in the USA, made in the UK, made in China, etc? I'm pretty sure RL will have the same quality control in place in China as they do elsewhere. Their reputation is worth too much to suddenly start releasing sub quality product.

RRL CLOTHING

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rrl has made a lot of sacrifices in recent years in their quest to become a large, mainstream clothing line.

The prestige that goes along with being made in italy can justify the price of a $2k jacket or $450 wallet. It is not a quality issue.

I would not buy a Maserati or Ferrari if they were made in Morocco...

Last edited:

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents:

I have a pair of low straights selvedge. My favorite pair of jeans. I use it for everything and seldomly wash it. Here's the rub...

I dance salsa quite a bit in them which means I sweat like a mother. Usually, I just put them out to dry or don't bother washing them. If I do wash them, it's every 3-4 months or so. FFWD 3 years later and they have an awful stench to them. I've tried washing them in delicate wash inside and out and drying them in the sun but nothing seems to shake the smell.

Any suggestions? I'm worried the smell is entrenched in the fabric.

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gents:

I have a pair of low straights selvedge. My favorite pair of jeans. I use it for everything and seldomly wash it. Here's the rub...

I dance salsa quite a bit in them which means I sweat like a mother. Usually, I just put them out to dry or don't bother washing them. If I do wash them, it's every 3-4 months or so. FFWD 3 years later and they have an awful stench to them. I've tried washing them in delicate wash inside and out and drying them in the sun but nothing seems to shake the smell.

Any suggestions? I'm worried the smell is entrenched in the fabric.

Damn! Wash your jeans already. If they still smell wash them in a proper hot wash and repeat if necessary dammit! Your "stench" story makes me gag just thinking about it.

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Damn! Wash your jeans already. If they still smell wash them in a proper hot wash and repeat if necessary dammit! Your "stench" story makes me gag just thinking about it.

You misunderstood, I wash them every few months or so. I think the problem is I've been washing them in Cold this whole time.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

You misunderstood, I wash them every few months or so. I think the problem is I've been washing them in Cold this whole time.

what kind of detergent are you using?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
downey doesn't make detergent, there's your problem right there

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads