• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trimalchio

Reaction score
Saw the Vintage Herringbone shirt at the sale. Sort of on the fence about it. It's extremely rigid and didn't fall as cleanly as I want in my shirts. But the color and look were nice. What's the deal with this shirt? Should it be washed right away, or worn as long as possibly like a pair of rigid jeans?

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They aren't bucklebacks, but have the side pulls similar to the Byrd pants from last F/W. I just put the tape on mine, and the 32 is coming out to 32. The cotton wool blend is a nice thick material, pretty unique fabric. I haven't felt the like. It is one of those things that I like for when wanting to add to my collection these days, those special things that make RRL seem unique. I no longer want to buy pants from RRL that while they may have many nuances, be specially milled, etc, in the end seem like an expensive pair of chinos similar to other brands. The heavy 11oz twill cottons, etc. make the brand special. Stuff like these that list at $260 don't really move me that much.

good to hear.. waiting to hear back from deez on the pants and the turtleneck

harveyrabbit

Reaction score

Saw the Vintage Herringbone shirt at the sale. Sort of on the fence about it. It's extremely rigid and didn't fall as cleanly as I want in my shirts. But the color and look were nice. What's the deal with this shirt? Should it be washed right away, or worn as long as possibly like a pair of rigid jeans? 

What size was the shirt? It sounds more interesting now that you describe it. Although it seems like anything in a medium is long gone.

Trimalchio

Reaction score
What size was the shirt? It sounds more interesting now that you describe it. Although it seems like anything in a medium is long gone.
No mediums in it. Just larges. There were some mediums left in other stuff - a few flannels for sure. Can't remember anything specifically, though.

srgprod

Reaction score

It does sort of go down this way, but I do think every season there are a couple of items that still inflame my interests and keep me hooked on the brand. It is nice to be able to be selective, and not drunk with desire for everything they put out.

I totally agree. I have over 500 RRL items in my closet. I can go in to any of the stores now and walk out without having a second thought about missing out on anything. It's kind of nice not needing more clothes. There are, once in a while, exceptions however...

stickshift

Reaction score

Sigh. I wanted one of those naval overshirts. Thanks for looking.
I have those naval chinos. Those and the deadstock cottonwork pants are my favorite trousers from this season. I recommend them if there are any fence sitters.

I saw the dead stock cotton pants in store and I agree, prolly the best pant piece this season. Pics online don't do them justice. They are also selvage

RRL CLOTHING

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have over 500 RRL items in my closet.

In early 2012 you claimed to have over 200 items, now you claim to have over 500 items. Not a single pic of any of it.
lol8[1].gif

ETA : Sups spotted at Double RL a couple weeks back :

http://www.justjared.com/2012/11/29/tom-welling-short-buzz-cut-at-double-rl-co-store/

Last edited:

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saturdays, the knit i have looks similar to the photos Harvey posted but as a turtleneck. I'll send you more info when I can, I dropped off my haul and havent been back home yet.

For everyone that PM'ed me, I'll get back to you tonight or tomorrow. I wont be home today either but didnt want you guys to think I was ignoring your messages. The naval wool chinos seem to be a hit with alot of you... some input on what I should do is appreciated. Only one person asked for a proxy on these, so I was going to list the rest on here or eBay. Price came out to about $150 with the discount from $390 and then NYS sales tax. Whats a fair price to charge to make it worthwhile for you guys? I was going to list at $250-$275 on ebay, but obviously not as much here. I want to be fair but also make a little something for my time, and i dont have many pairs to go around.

Last edited:

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Think I'm going to make a final visit tomorrow am as soon as they open. Got another email today suggesting there would be deeper discounts. As it'll be the last day I hope they'll just want to flog everything at 99% off :)

stickshift

Reaction score
Do you have one with a 31 waist
Saturdays, the knit i have looks similar to the photos Harvey posted but as a turtleneck. I'll send you more info when I can, I dropped off my haul and havent been back home yet.
For everyone that PM'ed me, I'll get back to you tonight or tomorrow. I wont be home today either but didnt want you guys to think I was ignoring your messages. The naval wool chinos seem to be a hit with alot of you... some input on what I should do is appreciated. Only one person asked for a proxy on these, so I was going to list the rest on here or eBay. Price came out to about $150 with the discount from $390 and then NYS sales tax. Whats a fair price to charge to make it worthwhile for you guys? I was going to list at $250-$275 on ebay, but obviously not as much here. I want to be fair but also make a little something for my time, and i dont have many pairs to go around.

RobearH

Reaction score
In early 2012 you claimed to have over 200 items, now you claim to have over 500 items. Not a single pic of any of it.
lol8%5B1%5D.gif

ETA : Sups spotted at Double RL a couple weeks back :

http://www.justjared.com/2012/11/29/tom-welling-short-buzz-cut-at-double-rl-co-store/
The last time you called someone out about their collection you ended up with egg on your face. Why bother questioning peoples validity and just post some of your stuff instead.
cloud.gif

P.S. pics of boxes does not constitute a collection.
rimshot.gif

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member