• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trimalchio

Reaction score
Do the black RRL slims fit identically to the rigid blues in the same size? I've been wearing a 29x30 in the rigids, but they were tight at first and I'm worried the blacks may not stretch as much so maybe I should size up.
I wear a 33x34 in almost every cut but sized up to a 34 on the black slim fits. For some reason the waist feels lower on them and the thighs narrower.

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i have 2 pairs of black slims in my listing, if it helps you can compare the measurements:

Measurements, 31 x 34:

waist - 16 1/8"
front rise – 10"
back rise - 14 3/8"
leg opening - 7 5/8"
inseam - 34 1/4"
thigh - 11 1/2"

Measurements, 32 x 32:

waist - 17 1/4"
front rise – 10 1/4"
back rise - 14 3/8"
leg opening - 7 1/4"
inseam - 33 1/4"
thigh - 11 1/2"

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i may be making a trip to the outlets next week, if that Rugby naval overshirt is still available does anyone want one?

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really like the look of the Heather Indigo Workshirt...

.. but at $395.00... :wow:

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Like you were ever gonna buy one at retail anyway. :colgate:

Haha true. I have bought at retail - if its something truly amazing. This just looks like a workshirt though... or am I missing something?

RobearH

Reaction score
Haha true. I have bought at retail - if its something truly amazing. This just looks like a workshirt though... or am I missing something?
Fancier buttons, combination of materials, pompous description or maybe just a typo. Either way Hoit I agree....waaay over priced. If that shirt is like a Polo version I had once. It pilled like hell.

Bsides like I have said before and was castigated for it. "Marked up to mark down"! I still believe it and I fell I am entitled to my opinion as I speak with my wallet as well.

R

Last edited:

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fancier buttons, combination of materials, pompous description or maybe just a typo...

Yeah, its got those buttons I like... DAMN YOU RRL!!!

To be honest, I could understand if it were a shirt-jacket type thingy - if it was really thick and heavy. This just looks a little thin to me - maybe the material is incredible. I'll have to head to W Broadway sometime soon to see (and grope) it in person.

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Any stores still have this Cardigan in stock? didn't think it would move so fast online.

It's still available in S, M, L & XL on the UK website. Maybe they can send it back here for you and deduct the UK VAT? I don't know coz I've never tried.

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quite a few of the RRL button up workshirts are ridiculously priced and many only marginally better made than Polo RL. I only buy them on sale. 80 or 90 bucks? Sure. $185? F*** that.

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Blue Present onto another cracker! These (ridiculous) shirts retailed for $595. He has it listed as retailing for $900 and in his sale (marked down 35%) he's trying to get $585 for it? He must be a ******* idiot - these are all over eBay and generally sell for ~$300. Not only must he be incredibly dimwitted, it's just a really shady way of doing business.

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Blue Present onto another cracker! These (ridiculous) shirts retailed for $595. He has it listed as retailing for $900 and in his sale (marked down 35%) he's trying to get $585 for it? He must be a ******* idiot - these are all over eBay and generally sell for ~$300. Not only must he be incredibly dimwitted, it's just a really shady way of doing business.

yeah that is pretty shady, retail on that was $595, so he is essentially giving a $10 discount!

RobearH

Reaction score
yeah that is pretty shady, retail on that was $595, so he is essentially giving a $10 discount!
I went to their store and they have over 2400 items listed on Ebay. That's a lot of inventory i.e...overhead! Almost like a real RL store without the class, reputation and honorable business practices.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads