• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I found oiled clothes coat. A lot of heavy coats. some limited item shirts. A lot of flannels. Some vests.They have more in the back, I want to go back tomorrow again but I should just stay away from that store for a while.

stu00a... :worship:

You gonna post items up on here on eBay? Or are you just going to keep it all for yourself :D

Also, f**k "the man" - go back there tomorrow and fight for your right to purchase heavily discounted RRL!!!

Last edited:

stu00a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found oiled clothes coat. A lot of heavy coats. some limited item shirts. A lot of flannels. Some vests.They have more in the back, I want to go back tomorrow again but I should just stay away from that store for a while.

stu00a... :worship:

You gonna post items up on here on eBay? Or are you just going to keep it all for yourself :D

Also, f**k "the man" - go back there tomorrow and fight for your right to purchase heavily discounted RRL!!!

Of course I'm going to list all of them.
Man, I wish I can go back tomorrow and buy all RRLs but I'm already too greedy.
Too much greed can lead me to banning from the store.

I literally cleared all RRLs today. Please PM about my findings, don't want to use this thread to promoting my store.

Thanks.

RRL CLOTHING

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Being greedy won't get you banned from the store, only cursed and spited by all managers and employees. However i'm sure they'll try to limit your purchases as much as possible if you return frequently.

My store had 1 flannel on Tues morning. I'll try again tomorrow. I wonder when PSR will go to 50% off again. It's been 75% for a very long time.

Last edited:

stu00a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Being greedy won't get you banned from the store, only cursed and spited by all managers and employees. However i'm sure they'll try to limit your purchases as much as possible if you return frequently.

My store had 1 flannel on Tues morning. I'll try again tomorrow. I wonder when PSR will go to 50% off again. It's been 75% for a very long time.

They will limit my purchases. I don't want to be restricted everytime I go there, so I just want to be careful.

What I found is that there are two types of stores that are carrying PSRs. Some stores get the same merchandise way earlier than others. That's only for like their own called "Flagship" outlet stores. And other stores get when everybody receives it.

I was expecting PSR going to 50% off today because of these RRL's but they didn't. Last year around this time, it was 50% OFF. But I guess they changed their mind or maybe learned their lesson.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I sort of understand the hate for things like japanese resellers who buy everything in sight and sell it in japan (since there are probably some international brand strategy issues that come into play with RL corporate) but isn't the point of the outlet store to cut prices and get a bunch of **** out the door since it couldn't sell in stores? Why would they ban you for buying too much (unless you routinely come back and return what you can't sell)?

Is it that they are worried that a picked over store won't attract regular customers so they would rather stop you from buying up everything RRL in order to get more regular customers in who buy all sorts of stuff (or made for outlet junk if RL has it)

RRL CLOTHING

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, when speaking to various store managers "PSR is a privilege" because "so little to go around" they have to "make restrictions" so "everyone can have access to the wonderful everyday low prices" at outlets.

Basically whether you come back frequently or not they can still be a dick about it and restrict as much as they want, regardless if you buy a little or a lot, so buy as much as you possibly can - or bring some peeps with you to help you clean house.

I once didn't buy anything from a particular store with hater operations control manager for 6 months. When I came back and he immediately recognized me, I was restricted. Once you make that **** list you never come off of it. I wrote to corporate on many occasions and that quickly cooled their jets, because the managers don't seem to give a crap how much I buy anymore - but there hasn't been much RRL to brag about this year.

There might be a lot of RRL to come over the next 1-2 months. When it rains RRL at outlets, it usually pours.

RRL CLOTHING

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of Japanese/Asians, I have never seen any of them restricted. In fact I have seen managers go out of their way to bring out RRL for them and help them out in other ways. They must feel sorry for tourists that have traveled so far for nothing or would just rather help out foreigners than help their own. Little do they know these resellers have already hit up every outlet on the east coast and have a whole minivan stuffed with RRL waiting for them in the parking lot.

Japanese will also show up with 3 or 4 people so you can't really restrict that many people (even 10 per person is still 30-40 items - more than you usually find at outlets on any given day)

Then the Japanese can also put on disguises and come back and use different names and such.

stu00a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Speaking of Japanese/Asians, I have never seen any of them restricted. In fact I have seen managers go out of their way to bring out RRL for them and help them out in other ways. They must feel sorry for tourists that have traveled so far for nothing or would just rather help out foreigners than help their own. Little do they know these resellers have already hit up every outlet on the east coast and have a whole minivan stuffed with RRL waiting for them in the parking lot.

Japanese will also show up with 3 or 4 people so you can't really restrict that many people (even 10 per person is still 30-40 items - more than you usually find at outlets on any given day)

Then the Japanese can also put on disguises and come back and use different names and such.

I'm Asian but they restrict me, maybe because I speak fluent English or something. I should dress up like a tourist next time I visit.
Yes, I saw it many times, managers bring stuffs from the back and let them go over 50 items(One full receipt) Some Japanese resellers have no idea about restrictions.

It is still possible they can limit you even though you write a letter to corporate, because when you are at register, it says "We have a right to limit purchases"
which they didn't have it last year on their policy.

RRL CLOTHING

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The we reserve the right to limit purchases sign was there last year it's definitely nothing new. The sign doesn't specify what the limitations are, so they can basically make it whatever they want.

Some stores say 5 tops 5 bottoms, other stores say 5 PSR and some say 5 per transaction (and let you make as many transactions as you want.) It really depends on who you're dealing with and how their sales have been that day/week/month. I noticed in the off-season they actually want to sell as much PSR as possible and rarely will confront you about bulk purchases.

The best method is still to bring friends, family, partner, with you then you won't have to worry about restrictions as much anymore. Also, be smart about what you purchase. If you see 5 tees/henleys or 5 denim jackets/overalls - obviously you will go for the most expensive, most sought after pieces and leave the fat behind for another day when there's absolutely nothing else good to buy.

Last edited:

stu00a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Also, be smart about what you purchase. If you see 5 tees/henleys or 5 denim jackets/overalls - obviously you will go for the most expensive, most sought after pieces and leave the fat behind for another day when there's absolutely nothing else good to buy.

That's what I learned, I used to grab all RRLs, but now I only grab small sizes like S and Ms and expensive ones.

I leave Ls and XLs and cheap t-shirts and henleys.

Dave_SFU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The we reserve the right to limit purchases sign was there last year it's definitely nothing new. The sign doesn't specify what the limitations are, so they can basically make it whatever they want.

Some stores say 5 tops 5 bottoms, other stores say 5 PSR and some say 5 per transaction (and let you make as many transactions as you want.) It really depends on who you're dealing with and how their sales have been that day/week/month. I noticed in the off-season they actually want to sell as much PSR as possible and rarely will confront you about bulk purchases.

The best method is still to bring friends, family, partner, with you then you won't have to worry about restrictions as much anymore. Also, be smart about what you purchase. If you see 5 tees/henleys or 5 denim jackets/overalls - obviously you will go for the most expensive, most sought after pieces and leave the fat behind for another day when there's absolutely nothing else good to buy.

The only place thats hit me with restrictions was Woodbury. I got told only 5 PSR items per transaction by the manager. Another time though a new employee didnt know what they were doing and asked the manager what the limit was and got told no more than 5 of the same PSR item. They just make it up on the spot it seems. They have such a high turnover rate of employees though that most of the time they are clueless kids. Last time i went the cashier had never seen a coupon before and called a manager over to look at it, which made me nervous, but i got away with 15 items in the purchase.

Also the only time ive ever actually run into actual resellers from Japan was New Years Eve at Wrentham, i talked to them a bit. It was 4 dudes from Osaka with fanny packs full of money buying stuff from Barneys and RL.

stu00a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The only place thats hit me with restrictions was Woodbury. I got told only 5 PSR items per transaction by the manager. Another time though a new employee didnt know what they were doing and asked the manager what the limit was and got told no more than 5 of the same PSR item. They just make it up on the spot it seems. They have such a high turnover rate of employees though that most of the time they are clueless kids. Last time i went the cashier had never seen a coupon before and called a manager over to look at it, which made me nervous, but i got away with 15 items in the purchase.
Also the only time ive ever actually run into actual resellers from Japan was New Years Eve at Wrentham, i talked to them a bit. It was 4 dudes from Osaka with fanny packs full of money buying stuff from Barneys and RL.

Woodbury is known to have a lot of reseller, because it's the biggest outlet in US and they get a lot of RRL's than other outlet stores.
Last time I was there in late Feb, they were doing the renovation and they had two separate registers. So what I did was I grabbed 5 items and buy. And buy another 5 at the other side of register. They didn't know that I was buying that much. And that day they had some kind of store presentation meeting or something like that, they had people come over from corporate so the GM was really busy with that stuff.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads