• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me about "Blue Hill" selvedge? Is this RRL's darkest wash?

545245156_o.jpg

Last edited:

nycxandy

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced diaper-butt with RRL denim? I've searched this thread and it doesn't appear to be a common occurrence. I've only worn my pair of once-washed low straight 5-6 times and the effect is pretty pronounced. I have yet to wash them, but if they do shrink, I'm sure it'll take no time for them to stretch back out. How feasible would it be to have the back taken in by a tailor? Thanks!

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is diaper butt...?

mfbnyc

Reaction score
anyone seen or tried these?
http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/...8&f=Men&kw=rrl+low+straight&parentPage=search
i assume they are identical to slim fit rigids but with the added buckle back and diff leather patch?

I picked them up in Feb. - they briefly had them on sale on Melrose, came out to $113. Then the company apparently decided to make them an ICON.

They're great, not as "slim fit" in my opinion as the standard slim fits. I'm a 30 in the low straights and took a 31 in these while I wear 32 in slim fit.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I picked them up in Feb. - they briefly had them on sale on Melrose, came out to $113.  Then the company apparently decided to make them an ICON.  

They're great, not as "slim fit" in my opinion as the standard slim fits.  I'm a 30 in the low straights and took a 31 in these while I wear 32 in slim fit.  

Damn $113 is a steal

nycxandy

Reaction score

If you're getting saggy diaper butt you probably need to size down.

These were pretty tight in the thighs and waist when I first bought them. Now there's plenty of room in the thighs and the waist is pretty much spot-on. The only thing wrong is the lower back with the excess fabric. I don't think I will be able to size down another -- it was close to intolerable early on. This cut may just not work for my big bottom. Any other advice or diaper butt experiences?

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

These were pretty tight in the thighs and waist when I first bought them. Now there's plenty of room in the thighs and the waist is pretty much spot-on. The only thing wrong is the lower back with the excess fabric. I don't think I will be able to size down another -- it was close to intolerable early on. This cut may just not work for my big bottom. Any other advice or diaper butt experiences?

Sounds like you could go a size down. What happened so far is that the waist stretched a bit so the denim now sits a little lower on you and thus causing the diaper ass

Giraffe

Reaction score
A couple of questions on these, I'm sure they've been asked but I couldn't see anything in the last few pages and the search is awkward at best here. I also may be blind but I couldn't figure what sizes the fit guide on their website was based around for the thigh/rise/opening measurements.

What is the thigh size in the one wash slim fits for any of a 32/33/34 waist?

and

Do I need to size down in these because of vanity sizing?

Ideally I'd need a 12 inch thigh on a 33/34 waist if they aren't vanity sized.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads