• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official brogue boot style thread.

hnlax

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zazaza
i've found grensons G width to be pretty wide (wider than a US D)
if possible i'd try to get length/width measurements for them ahead of ordering to help decide

that's great advice--i just sent an email, with my own shoe measurements. i usually feel bad about asking these questions, but when i'm spending a considerable amount of money, i know i shouldn't.

Originally Posted by JohnnyLaw
I'm usually a 9D and Grenson Sharps in 8G are comfortable, even roomy on me.

cheers, this is what most people seem to have said (1 size down, though everyone says that "they'll post up their responses once they come in" and they never do). i am primarily worried about the difference that wearing boot socks will have on sizing.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
valet-florsheim-for-duckie-brown-shoes.jpg
I still love my Duckie cordovan proxy specials.

hnlax

Reaction score
those look really good, who! how much did they run you? really like the pair on the right.

Trungtastic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blue squares
do6mnl.jpg

These are mine

I bought the other version of that boot from gilt and returned it. The leather is really plasticky

pdsf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Doctor
Allen Edmonds do a slightly more stylish take on this...

http://www.allenedmonds.com/wcsstore...Boot_Brown.jpg
http://www.allenedmonds.com/wcsstore...atabase/23.jpg

Not bad actually. The black version looks nice, too.

Originally Posted by whodini
http://www.selectism.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/valet-florsheim-for-duckie-brown-shoes.jpg

I still love my Duckie cordovan proxy specials.

Noiiceeee!!!

I am about to pull the trigger on a pair of Tricker's Stow. Most likely going for the custom made route via Shoe Healer...

Burton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnH123
Really subtle way to try and get traffic on your amateur blog, twat.

Typical Style Forum idiocy--you aren't even smart enough to know that ins't my blog. If you wish to slam me, please restrain yourself from making crap up. I have no association--other than as a satisfied customer--with Alfred Sargent.

The sad part is that if someone had posted a picture from G+G no one would have done this. Pitiful attempt to take away from a great company making great shoes. Sad really.

Burton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnH123
Really?

Yes. For some reason you do not appear to know what the thread is about yet you go around casting aspersions upon others who are actually on point. You should probably stop before you hurt yourself.

Harrington

Reaction score
Anyone have first hand experience with the sizing on the Grenson Freds? I tried out the size 7 UK boots in person, and they seemed fairly loose on me. I'm planning on sizing down to a 6.5UK, but that's a full size smaller than I usually wear - 8.5US in dress shoes and Chucks, 9US in most sneakers. Are Grenson boots usually that far off?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads