• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkDestiny

Reaction score
So next Monday the wool beanies are dropping? Are they coming with the scarf drop? I'd like to get it all in one pack and finally be done with it. I'm also slightly confused. I thought an earlier newsletter this year said no more holding of packages together due to complications. Are you suddenly doing that again for this holiday season? I'd like to get a few items while waiting for the scarf before everything gets sold out for the public.

vedarcrew

Reaction score
RRL dont make socks

yeah all of my patterned socks from richer poorer and happy socks die since they are really thing. plus i tend to use shirt garters which adds to the stress and holes.

make em last and im in

ps stop hating on rrl
foo.gif
Sigh... I have the same problem with my richer and poorer socks. Strangely my J Crew dress socks are still fantastic. I just got some Corgi and Anonymous this year so we'll see how long they last.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Has anyone yet gotten a shipping confirmation regarding the pre-orders Flannels? 

I switched to a new shipping company. I believe everyone except internationals should have received notification. All the shirts are bagged up and ready to go. The new system is soooooo much better. It notifies me to combine shipping and other things which "ordercup" just couldn't do.

I have the beanies going live once I enter quantities so people look for wool beanies can just dive right into it. On Monday the "lastminutegifts" code goes live for one week. It give 50% off everything excluding sale item. Sale items are the price they are no matter what.
I would appreciate it people spread the word.
I will a huge announcement for rewards members when I get back from Wisconsin. It should come the 2nd or 3rd week of January.

Please remember I am moving this week. I have a shitload on my plate, be patient.

Any locals who want to help me move hit me up, lol.

Last edited:

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I didn't receive notification or get billed and I'm not international. 

OK, You will still be shipped with all the others and you will receive a tracking number.

I will stop accepting new rewards membership on January 1st ,2015. Anyone interested in getting some sweet perks and haven't joined and are on the fence now your chance.

Best,

Mauro

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone describe how the current tees are different than previous batches?

I have tees from the first batch, second batch (smaller neckhole), but both with a curved hem. Current tees look to be straight hem. Any other differences?

Will there be additional short sleeve tees releasing soon?

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Anyone describe how the current tees are different than previous batches?

I have tees from the first batch, second batch (smaller neckhole), but both with a curved hem. Current tees look to be straight hem. Any other differences?

Will there be additional short sleeve tees releasing soon?

Short Sleeve heavies probably won't happen this season as for the differences in the tees I would love to hear what others are saying and get their input.

From the design aspect, I think it's safe to say I am the go to guy considering I did make the tees.

S/S tee
The spring/Summer tees have a roll neck with unfinished hems the reason behind this that it gives the fabric the ability to roll. The hem is a little uneven for two reason both on purpose. First is was literally hand cut. The second was like I stated before for the roll.
The fabric is 135 grams. It's light, soft, and airy. This fabric was chosen to help with draping so it would make the roll neck look not only aesthetically pleasing but balanced for the design and summer heat.
The neck opening was made a touch smaller so the tee would sit higher on the neck.

The heavyweight tee-

This fabric is 175grams and is heavy. It feels and drapes completely different than the 135gram. The drape of this tee is not light an airy. It's more like armor. It molds to you and stays in place. No shifting or bounce. The neck lines come in a traditional crew and v-neck. The crew and v-neck rib is self. The crew neck is wider than the S/S tee but not huge or small. It's just right. The V-neck is a shallow V. The hem's are finished. This give the tee a more traditional crew and v-neck feel. The width of the neck lines and weight of the fabric dictated a finished hem. The heavyweight tees are great for holding you in and giving a slimming effect.
The shoulders and armholes on the heavyweight tees are finished tighter and smoother than the S/S tees because the fabric doesn't stretch as much ( tighter does NOT meaning fitting but cleaner if you will) so the tee looks like it has more structure.

Yesterday, I had 3 locals drop by to pick up there purchases. Ironically all 3 had WvG tees on. Two had the heavyweight and one had a short sleeve lightweight for this summer. All 3 had completely different body types. All three wore there tees in different ways.
One guy wore his fitted and clean. He was in really good shape the tee complemented his body and the slim chinos he was wearing. He was able to pull off a blue black combo which I feel is hard to do but this dude has a great sense of style and he rocked his outfit.
The next guy wore his tee a little more casual with some WvG sweat pants and some luxury sneakers. Number 2 pulled up his long sleeves almost to his elbows and told me that's wear he normally positions his sleeves.
The last guy wore a SS olive green tee as a layering piece. Number 3 always dresses nicely. He has a great look in a more traditional sense and I have never seen him not put together.

Number 3 wanted to try on some heavy weight tees and sweaters. The reason I mention this is while he was trying stuff on he asked what color he should get his wife. In my mind I was like " oh **** this guy is smart". Why? Because now his wife won't steal his ****! I hate that. I hate it when women steal my clothes. I can't tell you how many times this month I have been text , emailed, or called saying I need to probably order more tees because my GF or Wife stoles my tee. Same thing with beanies. It's a damn crime.
Kudos to you number 3 for using the right head to think!

On a side note I put up all the new wool beanies. They are live and ready to go.

Best,
Mauro

Last edited:

mookiej

Reaction score
are the marled silver mittens sold out? i don't see them on the site anymore.

the cranberry mittens are still on the site even though they are sold out.

thanks!

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

are the marled silver mittens sold out? i don't see them on the site anymore.

the cranberry mittens are still on the site even though they are sold out.

thanks!

The marled silver are sold out. What's in stock for mittens are Charcoal grey , light grey, black , and military green. The military green is a marled yarn it's a great yarn color.
I haven't had the chance to take out all the "sold out " items.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

85%cotton 13% nylon 2% elastin

30% cashmere 25% wool 30% viscose 15% poly
I am going to wear these socks today. For 2015 I will change the yarn composition.
There won't be any viscose or poly. I will add more cashmere and wool with se nylon and stretch .
These are just protos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads