• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, youโ€™ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
HEH! I sent Mauro $500 for 4 pairs last night but I guess my pricing was totally wrong and also they do not have the steak tartar in 38.

I really want the espresso though. I will try to resolve this tomorrow when I am sober.
cheers.gif

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are the arms going to be wider on the new before dinner shirts, or is that just this sample's look?

Blog Marley

Reaction score
Mauro, I believe we're generally the same size, if you wear a 31 in RRL officer chinos a 32 in WvG would work right?

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
john, what colors did you get? i'm going to have to grab a jalapeno pair too i think!
Originally Posted by Klemins
Are the arms going to be wider on the new before dinner shirts, or is that just this sample's look?
i hope this is not the case as i noticed that earlier.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by justtemple
That's what I am talking about homie, get back on that horse. First (quick impressions): Okay, these pants are dumb soft. I mean, it's pretty crazy. Size up 1 and it's a beautiful thing. The red is red, no washed out nonsense; no games; it's RED and I like it a lot. A whole lot. There will be more later, I just need to get to the gym and drink a green beer.
The green beer must have gotten to your head haha. Any more impressions, my man? I received shipment notification on my Jalapeno pair so can't wait for them to arrive to handle these joints in person finally.
Originally Posted by JohnGalt
Received the chinos today and can I just say
inlove.gif
As justtemple says, the fabric is insanely soft. Wearing these you are not sacrificing comfort to look good. Construction and cut are excellent (My wife said ****** looks great in them though, granted, I do have a *********). I'm a 32 and a 33 fits perfect. Tried a 34 as well but the 33 looks better on me. I could see some people having to size up 2 if they have huge legs (note my thighs aren't tiny, as a skiier). Looking forward to wearing these tomorrow and will report back on the comfort while one sits on one's ass in an office all day. Now I'm thinking I have to order a pair in espresso
smile.gif
Well done Mauro
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Now I'm even more anxious for my pair. Sounds great from that post.
Originally Posted by Ahab
HEH! I sent Mauro $500 for 4 pairs last night but I guess my pricing was totally wrong and also they do not have the steak tartar in 38. I really want the espresso though. I will try to resolve this tomorrow when I am sober.
cheers.gif

Hot dayum. Ahab makin' it rain (insert that crazy .gif floating around of that here)...

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Blog -go with the 32 unless your thighs are huge.

The BDS is the same pattern the darts are longer in the bacl so the factory can make things more uniformed which is a good thing.
That was a medium I was wearing and measures 20inches pit to pit shrinkage has not been taken into consideration.
The ADS shirt measures 21 across the chest like most shirts do. in the ADS the arm holes are a little bigger for the guy who wants a slim shirt but can't wear it tight because they will hulk out of it.
Please remember this is a sample. that is all we start there and tweak.

The next batch of chinos WILL have a longer inseam.

I have some 38's left in great colors... as you can see on this thread a couple pages back I was wearing the espresso today and they look amazing with my outfit ( good job, Mauro... Thank you , mauro)
If you have the chance to try a pair on or want to make the plunge it is worth it.

Best,
mauro

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
Any more impressions, my man?

Oh you bet your fanny I do. I wore steak tartare last night and roaster pan right now and let me say, these chinos are going to make it hard for me to go back to wearing jeans regularly. They are just so comfortable and soft I don't want to take them off.

The colors are great. Steak tartare really is bold, I have a strong sense of what in my wardrobe will go with that colorway and it's a generous amount. It definitely can be versitle. Roaster pan is just fvcking cool. I know that grey chinos are somehwat commonplace but I think it can be attributed to the dye house that Mauro used which makes these, colorwise, something more than ordinary.

The construction of these are really solid but in having experience with other pieces in the brand (as most of us in this thread do) it really isn't any surprise.

On to what a lot of people want to hear: the fit. These fit really really really well. I sized up one (30-->31) and they fit like I feel they were intended to. Like Mauro said DON'T BUY YOUR REGULAR JEAN SIZE. I doubt with the two buttons on the waist band of these (outside and inside), I'd be able to button these chinos closed. They are very nicely slim in the thighs and fall into a nice taper at the end (****** looks great in them if I may say). My girl, who was utterly against me buying red pants, saw the light after only a couple hours. The inseam is perfect for me (5'10" and all leg) so I can't complain about that.

In looking for the problem that Mauro found with these I think I know what he is talking about but I am still unsure/don't see it/don't really care. I am definitely buying a pair of jalepeno next week.

I'll try to get pics up sometime today but I am bad about doing that so don't get mad at me. Or do get mad at me, Idon'tgiveafuck!

Thanks again Mauro.

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Mauro, Any idea on what the P2P measurements will be for the XL BDS? Please tell me you made it 21.5" across in the chest and 18"โ€“19" in the shoulders because then you'd be awesome!

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
john, what colors did you get? i'm going to have to grab a jalapeno pair too i think!

i hope this is not the case as i noticed that earlier.

I am wearing the olive ones now and ordered espresso last night
bounce2.gif

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^ thanks guys.

Justin and John Galt I hope you guys can make it to the lunch on Sunday.

Adam, it's something like that. I have to wash the samples today.
The BDS - will be snug just like the last on but you won't have to size up like everyone had to do before.

I am not sure what color chino I will wear today or if I should wear the work pant.
PS- LVC's work pant using the same fabric as me is out now. If someone runs into them compare them. I think you will think mine hold there own very very well. I have about 23 pair left so not that many.
As many soon will attest having a jean, chino ( wvG) , and workpant ( wVG) will make your spring summer waredrobe happy
smile.gif

I look forward to seeing more pictures.
Best,
Mauro

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^Unfortunately I won't be there. My football season starts on Sunday. I'm sure from being around Pai, you know how serious that is.

I am bummed about not being able to get down there.

Do you still have a good amount of olive's in a 31?

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wish I could make it out to the lunch, but timing and distance doesn't allow me too. Otherwise, I would definitely make it out to meet up with you peeps. Seems like a great time. One day.

I'll post some pics and reviews of my Jalapeno popper chinos when they get here and depending on how those fit, I might be back for more or even the work pant as I hear good things about them.

Mauro

Regarding the new WvG BD shirts (obviously you are still working with the sample), I can't recall the answer, but someone asked if the sleeves will be as slim as the previous batch? I hope so b/c that is the biggest f-ing problem I have with most shirts (the dreaded oversized hulk arms) and your last batch hit that on the head for me.

Also, I see you lengthened the back darts which is cool. Have you or are you planning to make any changes to the collar roll on the next batch? Generally, I liked it, but I feel that if the collars were a bit taller, that roll could get much sweeter. Curious on those things.

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^Unfortunately I won't be there. My football season starts on Sunday. I'm sure from being around Pai, you know how serious that is.

I would destroy both you and Pai, especially on the run! #60 Nose Tackle, University of Illinois...

Mauro, I am so down for the black and plum shirts. I just need an extra .25"-.5" in the chest on your shirting for it to be perfect!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads