• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

the new england lobster roll

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
who enjoys these? and does anyone know who sells them in l.a.? i'm told that in new england they even have them at mcdonald's.

contactme_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by matadorpoeta
i'm told that in new england they even have them at mcdonald's.

The only ones I've ever seen at a McDonalds was one time in Bangor? Maine

Kevin

Reaction score
They are stupendous, but best enjoyed beachside along the Atlantic coastline. Though yes, there is such a thing as the McLobster.

No idea who would sell them in LA, but they're easy enough to make on your own.

Copious amounts of Lobster meat + mayo + lettuce leaf in a toasted hot dog bun should suffice.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kevin
They are stupendous, but best enjoyed beachside along the Atlantic coastline. Though yes, there is such a thing as the McLobster.

No idea who would sell them in LA, but they're easy enough to make on your own.

Copious amounts of Lobster meat + mayo + lettuce leaf in a toasted hot dog bun should suffice.

i don't cook or prepare food any more. i haven't seen them at any restaurant here, but if they are so delicious, why hasn't the popularity spread?

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Mmm, good stuff. Not sure where to get it in LA. The only place I can definitely remember having one in California is a seafood place right at the edge of the Bay in Berkeley.
I would imagine some of the upscale seafood LA restaurants sell some bastardized take on it. As for the real thing, I don't know. You might try Captain Kidd's (I think that's the name, haven't been there in a while) in King's Harbor (near Redondo/Hermosa Beach). They have a ton of fresh seafood that you can choose from and then have prepared pretty much any way you want, so even if they don't have lobster rolls you can still get some good grub.

Reaction score
Best paired with a blueberry beer. Maybe whale pants.

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the summer you can find the McLobster Roll.

In most places outside of New England (and even in New England) a lobster roll is a seasonal item, so in you may have a better shot of finding it in the summer.

... or you can order it from these guys and they'll prepare and ship it to you. I can't say how good it is, but if you same day it...

http://menemshafishmarket.com/

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I eat these when I visit the Maritimes (whence my parents hail), and never at any other time. In general, I find eating seafood in Ontario a dodgy experience at best.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had them and they just seem overpriced and a bit of a waste. You have yourself a bland $18 sandwich. I'd rather eat the lobster by itself, with a dinner roll on the side, and a Franziskaner of course

GreyFlannelMan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
I've had them and they just seem overpriced and a bit of a waste. You have yourself a bland $18 sandwich. I'd rather eat the lobster by itself, with a dinner roll on the side, and a Franziskaner of course

Where did you have that sandwich? I think they are perfection on a roll, when done right. But then again, I've been fortunate enough to have them only in Maine, where the lobster is caught fresh, and in NYC.

In the city, the Mermaid Inn in the East Village does a nice roll.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyexchangee1