• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Least Official Natalino Appreciation Thread

bewwies

Reaction score
I recently picked up the Charcoal Tropical Wool Sport Jacket (48) and matching trousers (30) after hearing good things about Natalino. The trousers fit perfectly, but I am quite unsure about how the jacket fits. I'm 5'7, 65kg approx and most of my jackets are in size 38.

The jacket feels comfortable in the chest, but feels a little too long. I took it to a local tailor to get the unfinished sleeves shortened and get advice on altering the length, but they were very critical about the jacket, in particular, the shoulder construction and how the jacket fastens. They advised returning it and not pursuing alterations which threw me for a loop, as I quite like the jacket! I'd appreciate advice and comments on the fit.

I also have a smaller 46 on its way, and I'll post photos when I receive it.

IMG_0016 Large.jpeg
IMG_0018 Large.jpeg
IMG_0020 Large.jpeg
IMG_0022 Large.jpeg

Last edited:

PeterFisher

Reaction score
Size up.

The length is good, chest is too tight which I suspect may be causing the collar gap because the whole front is buckling. Natalino jackets have an extended shoulder, so it should not sit on your shoulder bone.

46 is a really small size, if you consider an "average" model is a 48 or 50. Honestly I can't see you being a 46 (no offence, I'm a 52).
No offence taken :) They're out of stock so I'll return it, but try a 48 when the FW collection comes out. My problem is very often that 46 is too small in the chest, but 48 feels like it's for a much taller person

tgaith77

Reaction score
Has anyone done an international return back to Natalino (from the US to Ireland)?

It's on your own dime, correct? Do I need customs forms? I don't have anything from them, only the return address. Not much more info on the website either.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done an international return back to Natalino (from the US to Ireland)?

It's on your own dime, correct? Do I need customs forms? I don't have anything from them, only the return address. Not much more info on the website either.
contact their CS and you will get all the info.

CasuallyWorked

Reaction score

I emailed Nathan about this and he said they plan to have a fedex program where they charge 25$ to return from US back to London.

sargeinaz

Reaction score
I emailed Nathan about this and he said they plan to have a fedex program where they charge 25$ to return from US back to London.
Ya I had to return a couple sport jackets before this was set up and it cost me like $84 because it was barely over 4lbs due to the hangers. I was salty lol

ZaneLim

Reaction score
Wore the Natalino DB suit in navy linen for the first time yesterday to the office. Just wanted to share some photos since there isn’t many of the DB in this thread. The lapels are VERY bold and loud, mainly because of how wide it is. Definitely a very aggressive suit.

The inner closure is a 6x1 but it fastens to a 6x2 quite nicely.

My hope for the future iteration is to have the lapels narrower and a real 6x2 as opposed to a “flexible” 6x1.

Attachments

• IMG_4805.jpeg
    IMG_4805.jpeg
    139.5 KB · Views: 479
  • IMG_4751.jpeg
    IMG_4751.jpeg
    88.1 KB · Views: 574

CasuallyWorked

Reaction score
Ya I had to return a couple sport jackets before this was set up and it cost me like $84 because it was barely over 4lbs due to the hangers. I was salty lol
I was planning on buying two sizes of something and stopped just because dealing with international shipping is a pain. It is great when shops just give you a label and charge you a flat fee, so happy to hear natalino plans to do the same. Nathan did not give a timeline but sounded like something done by this year.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently picked up the Charcoal Tropical Wool Sport Jacket (48) and matching trousers (30) after hearing good things about Natalino. The trousers fit perfectly, but I am quite unsure about how the jacket fits. I'm 5'7, 65kg approx and most of my jackets are in size 38.

The jacket feels comfortable in the chest, but feels a little too long. I took it to a local tailor to get the unfinished sleeves shortened and get advice on altering the length, but they were very critical about the jacket, in particular, the shoulder construction and how the jacket fastens. They advised returning it and not pursuing alterations which threw me for a loop, as I quite like the jacket! I'd appreciate advice and comments on the fit.

I also have a smaller 46 on its way, and I'll post photos when I receive it.

View attachment 2015601 View attachment 2015603 View attachment 2015605 View attachment 2015607
looks great to me; your alterations tailor maybe has a preference for more shoulder padding. the length looks classic to me. get the waist slightly taken in and sleeves shortened, plus the trousers hemmed, and honestly it would fool most for being bespoke.

Reaction score
Wore the Natalino DB suit in navy linen for the first time yesterday to the office. Just wanted to share some photos since there isn’t many of the DB in this thread. The lapels are VERY bold and loud, mainly because of how wide it is. Definitely a very aggressive suit.

The inner closure is a 6x1 but it fastens to a 6x2 quite nicely.

My hope for the future iteration is to have the lapels narrower and a real 6x2 as opposed to a “flexible” 6x1.
Looks great! Better than their single breasted jackets IMO. Sleeves look a bit tight though.
Could you share your measurements and which size did you go for? I'm considering buying their DB in mock leno if it goes on sale.

sargeinaz

Reaction score
I’m patiently waiting for a restock with the lower gorge of their navy mock leno sport jacket. I need an all around navy blazer and their sport jacket cut fits me well. It’s either that or a Spier MTM in their Ivy sack cut.

Also, my poplin shirt came in from them. Really like the shirt. Would prefer cuffs with no interlining or whatever makes them stiffer, but that’s personal preference. Even at full price, the shirt is nice IMO and I’ll probably buy more in the future. Overall, I really like Natalino and they continue to make tweaks and make it even better.

Also excited for them opening up a store. That’s great news and wish them the best.

ZaneLim

Reaction score
Looks great! Better than their single breasted jackets IMO. Sleeves look a bit tight though.
Could you share your measurements and which size did you go for? I'm considering buying their DB in mock leno if it goes on sale.
Thanks man! The sleeves feel full enough, maybe it’s the wrinkles that make it look tighter than it is? Wish it was because of my arms though hahaha

So I typically wear a 40L or 42L, and went for a size 40/50 here, hence the jacket is a touch too short. But I think I can get over it due to it being a casual linen suit.

I am also eyeing that Mock Leno! I have been wanting a navy DB jacket for quite some time now and I am falling in love with Natalino’s DB the more I wear it!

KOz

Reaction score
Natalino jacket (48) and trousers (46). The jacket had the waist taken in and the sleeves shortened. The trousers had the waist taken in and the cuffs done. I'm 169 cm tall with a V taper upper body and large thighs.

I find that I could definitely benefit from more thigh space a size 48 would provide.

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    168 KB · Views: 555
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    184.4 KB · Views: 520

PeterFisher

Reaction score
Natalino jacket (48) and trousers (46). The jacket had the waist taken in and the sleeves shortened. The trousers had the waist taken in and the cuffs done. I'm 169 cm tall with a V taper upper body and large thighs.

I find that I could definitely benefit from more thigh space a size 48 would provide.
Seems like we're a very similar size and build, so this is very helpful. Looking good!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ankit_10