• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Least Official Natalino Appreciation Thread

Reaction score
That looks great. Is that unaltered? Any recommendations on sizing a Natalino jacket — in terms someone (like me) who usually wears a 40R contemporary in SM?
Thank you. The only change was adjusting the sleeve length. I can clean up the back of the neck area but not too fussed about it.

I'm hesitant about comparing the fit with S&M. I have been shopping from S&M for 10+ years and still don't know my size. I have 36R Cont, 38S Cont, and 38R Cont jackets that fit more or less the same. That said, I would say the Natalino fit is a slightly roomy TTS.

Kalvoski

Reaction score
Thank you. The only change was adjusting the sleeve length. I can clean up the back of the neck area but not too fussed about it.

I'm hesitant about comparing the fit with S&M. I have been shopping from S&M for 10+ years and still don't know my size. I have 36R Cont, 38S Cont, and 38R Cont jackets that fit more or less the same. That said, I would say the Natalino fit is a slightly roomy TTS.
Many thanks for the helpful info --- appreciate it!

A12321

Reaction score

haha I'm a bit the same. If SM followed their own posted measurements, I would not have an issue. Its moslty an issue with their lengths. The short is usually too short and the regular is too long. I get stuck in between.

with that said, I fit into Natalino 36 but experience collar gap.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone compare Natalino sizing to Spier & Mackay Neo Contemporary Cut. I'm a 38S in S&M Neo Contemporary, chest can probably be taken in half inch or so but the rest is about great. I do wish it's 0.5 in longer.

That's where I see Natalino size 46 having similar measurements but 0.5in longer in back length. Is it fair to say Natalino runs larger generally?

Reaction score
Can anyone compare Natalino sizing to Spier & Mackay Neo Contemporary Cut. I'm a 38S in S&M Neo Contemporary, chest can probably be taken in half inch or so but the rest is about great. I do wish it's 0.5 in longer.

That's where I see Natalino size 46 having similar measurements but 0.5in longer in back length. Is it fair to say Natalino runs larger generally?

“Is it fair to say Natalino runs larger generally?”

That’s been my experience with three jackets (see my comment above). Based on your description, I’d go with size 46.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
“Is it fair to say Natalino runs larger generally?”

That’s been my experience with three jackets (see my comment above). Based on your description, I’d go with size 46.
Thank you. That's very helpful. Just for my reference, in the picture of the Brown green check above, that's a 46?

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
haha I'm a bit the same. If SM followed their own posted measurements, I would not have an issue. Its moslty an issue with their lengths. The short is usually too short and the regular is too long. I get stuck in between.

with that said, I fit into Natalino 36 but experience collar gap.
I'm on your exact boat that's with S&M I can only wear their Neo cut because it's slightly longer but their inconsistency sometimes makes the Neo jacket the same length as regular fit too.

Satmoche

Reaction score

I found the same thing but for shoulder width on their sport coat. I was really taken aback but Nathan advised me to size down.
The waist is more generous too, and you can see it on their shirts. They opt for more slouchy silhouettes, a bit like Anglo-Italian actually.

sargeinaz

Reaction score
I found the same thing but for shoulder width on their sport coat. I was really taken aback but Nathan advised me to size down.
The waist is more generous too, and you can see it on their shirts. They opt for more slouchy silhouettes, a bit like Anglo-Italian actually.
Anglo-Italian is slouchy in theory, but everything I’ve ever bought from them runs slimmer than their sizing chart says. In fact, I’ve never bought anything from Anglo Italian that was not smaller/slimmer than the sizing chart for that item. All the stuff I’ve looked at on eBay or grailed with measurements is smaller than the tagged size.

Also, in general their trousers have a fairly slim leg opening. If we’re strictly talking about fit, I prefer natalinos silhouette/fit to Anglo Italian.

asewonder

Reaction score
Placed my first Natalino order with 2 sweaters. Excited as fit looks awesome in photos. Still unsure about sport jacket

I’m a similiar size to you in SM and go with 48 in Natalino. It gives me a more relaxed fit, resolves the short vs regular issue with SM, and fits as I think it should for the intended silhouette. If you want Natalino to fit closer to your SM then sizing down should work.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a question about Shetland Wool Crewneck sweater. Is the neck hole so small or why it looks like a mock neck when worn?
IMG_9856.jpg

alfredt

Reaction score
I have a question about Shetland Wool Crewneck sweater. Is the neck hole so small or why it looks like a mock neck when worn?
IMG_9856.jpg
I have a couple of Natalino crewneck sweaters from last year and the neck hole is indeed very high and small. In my experience the shirt all but disappears under the ribbing. I would prefer if it was larger/lower.

jdhoop

Reaction score
IMG_9856.jpg
I also have a couple Natalino crew necks from last year. The neck hole is small, but I like it because my shirt collars tend to be pretty tall. I could see a smaller collar getting lost under there potentially, but with Natalino shirt collars or bigger, it looks really good in my opinion.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads