• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The F Word (Gordon Ramsay)

Tardek

Reaction score
I saw Gordon Ramsay cooking and he didn't swear at all. I yelled at him to swear at me.

I am so classy.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Anyone here speak "British" English?

On the show, they keep saying "stone" as a reference to an amount of weight. I don't know how many kilos a stone is. Anyone?

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, offering that prison guy a job... I have to say, impressed. Don't know if it's bullshit or not, but it looked real.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Wayfarer
Damn it, now I'm hooked. **** all.

Me too! I have been watching these for the past two weeks during my commute to work by train (love the iPod!). I find some of his menus to be weak (eggs on toast as a starter?) but most have looked excellent.

The part I find odd is that he spends a lot of time taking the piss out of "celebrity chefs" but isn't he also a celebrity chef?

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alter
The part I find odd is that he spends a lot of time taking the piss out of "celebrity chefs" but isn't he also a celebrity chef?

The difference is that you can actually find Ramsay at his restaurant more than twice a year, which sets him apart from most celebrity chefs.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alter
Me too! I have been watching these for the past two weeks during my commute to work by train (love the iPod!). I find some of his menus to be weak (eggs on toast as a starter?) but most have looked excellent.

Yes he is except he has like 14 Michelin stars. Ainsley and Oliver and Nigella aren't really chefs, they just throw a bunch of **** together than anyone could do, and they put a lot of **** out into the market that dilutes their quality. Even the peopel who hate Ramsay the most eat at Claridges or Gordon Ramsay and really cannot say anything.

King Francis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm halfway through season two and loving this show. Except for Janet Street-Porter.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
F-Word is okay, the cheesiness of the pink interior really is off-putting, but aside from the UK version of Kitchen Nightmares, it's his next best show.

The UK version of Kitchen Nightmares is the best. I watched every single one in 2 sittings.

The US version of Kitchen Nightmares is WAYYYYY too Dr. Phil to take seriously.

Anyone ever watch Boiling Point? There is an episode of his first night opening his first restaurant, quite entertaining seeing his temper and all the things that went wrong. Not to mention, the portrayal of his relationship with nemesis/mentor Marco Pierre White is something straight out of a movie.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by King Francis
I'm halfway through season two and loving this show. Except for Janet Street-Porter.
I want to slap her everytime she comes on screen. So annoying.
Originally Posted by tiecollector
Not to mention, the portrayal of his relationship with nemesis/mentor Marco Pierre White is something straight out of a movie.

From how I understand it, their relationship (or lack thereof) really is like it's straight out of a movie.

King Francis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
I want to slap her everytime she comes on screen. So annoying.

Glad I'm not the only one.

One moment I enjoyed was from the episode in which they serve rabbit fricassee. This one woman sends back her rabbit liver because it's "bloody." In fact it's a nice pink and probably delicious. Ramsay goes over to the table and they think he's coming to them hat in hand, to apologize, but instead he reams her out for being scared of the treat he prepared.

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
Anyone ever watch Boiling Point? There is an episode of his first night opening his first restaurant, quite entertaining seeing his temper and all the things that went wrong. Not to mention, the portrayal of his relationship with nemesis/mentor Marco Pierre White is something straight out of a movie.

+1. How could I forgot about Boiling Point and Beyond Boiling Point?! Hard to believe these are from ~ 10 years ago (they're on youtube). It's GR in all his glory, dealing with his own restaurant and growing reputation at the time.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Watching Boiling Point. Very interesting, and reminds me of a real kitchen.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics