• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Might have to get these to go with my black blazers.

ennui

Reaction score

Does anyone have sizing advice on Keds? I want a pair of the McNairy ones.

I went with 7.5 on the McNairy Keds and they fit OK ... I was thinking about going with a 7 but that would have been fairly tight width-wise. For reference, I am a 7.5 in most AE, 6.5E in Alden Barrie, 40 in CPs and MMM GATs.

I got my McNairys for $40 from Amazon, and was thinking about buying two pairs in different colors because they looked good on the website and they were cheap, but after trying them in person, I think I wouldn't shell out for more than one pair. They're not as comfortable as my GATs or even my CPs.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

The discussions should begin and end with 3 sneakers:

Adidas All Stars
Converse Jack Purcell
Nike All Court.

That should pretty much cover things.
You're weird, and the beer in your avatar is terrible.
Might have to get these to go with my black blazers.
So you'd wear one of each? Or would you wear one pair on your hands and the other on your feet?

Would you ever wear these with the tongue down? What with?
Jeans with massive cuffs, a white t-shirt with some obnoxious multi-color neon graphic, a backpack, and a 59Fifty. And no, I wouldn't wear those ever, regardless of how the tongue was positioned.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
I'm not crazy about the teal or the stitching on the sides, and I think the sole on PF Flyers can be a little too thick. Also, I'm not crazy about the way the toebox looks. Mostly, though, I think the tongue thing is kinda silly, and there's no reason to wear something that's specifically designed to feature a detail that you dislike.

legendofthepanda

Reaction score
kNxSX.png

z37vY.jpg

Puma x Undefeated

Tharsos

Reaction score
Sorry if this belongs more in the "ultimate noob" thread, but I'm looking to buy a pair of white sneakers and a pair of black sneakers (leaning toward high-tops). After looking through this thread these are what I've come up with. Any thoughts/suggestions/alternatives?

White:
This is what I'm most inclined towards atm. SUS $100

Doucal's $142

WESC Clopton $99

edit: ^^^that pair of Puma x Undefeated also look nice, but I wonder how much that yellow decal stands out.

Black:
Converse All Star Cup $70 I wish these had a little something happening on the sides.

Pro-Keds Royal Plus hi leather $100. Not a fan of the stripe or the blue label, but I like everything else.

Ransom x Adidas: Haven't been able to actually find these for sale. They are FW 2010, and I can't tell if they have blue soles (which I don't want) like the image posted earlier in the thread.

There were also a pair of Van OTWs that caught my eye, but I seem to have forgotten the details and I'm not finding them with the search feature.

Last edited:

coco2010

Reaction score
^^ I own the first two pairs.

The first GAT look-a-likes are actually pretty decent quality. very comfortable. they run tts, though slightly on the larger side, I'd say. would definitely recommend.

The Doucal's are of mazing quality. pretty comparable to CP's, imo, in both, style and durability. these run slightly larger, but since they dont make half sizes I'd suggest to size down one. I own two pairs now.

Both brands are made in Italy. very happy with their sneaks so far.

JosiahS

Reaction score
Top two on the white are both good choices. I'd go with the SUS and switch out for white laces. Among the blacks, Pro-Keds Royal Plus hi leather but the more i see that little black strip on the sole, the more it bothers me..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads