• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The blasphemous odd vest/ jacket thread

size 38R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alrighty then, it's easy to buy an outfit and look ok. but i want to see people's real style. wearing either an odd vest,Jacket, or denim jeans. what you would wear all day, and not an off the shelf style suit. show us all what you got. and be different.

here's the first pic. let the fun begin!

wearing Paul Smith, T.M Lewin, Banana Republic,Gap, and Democrata. and a hat.

bonus points for denim, odd, hat combo's. get to it!
lurker[1].gif

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are just rehash pics. Will take more when I get more odd vests! lol

Southwick, Rag and bone, Orvis, Thomas Pink, LVC 1967, Allen Edmonds (forgot what model).

Dun & Co., Hilfiger, The West Is Dead, AE, and a cheap driving cap.

Brooks Brothers, American Apparel, Civilianire, Sebago.

Big E Levi's from the 60's, Levi's, American Apparel, Unbranded, Luxottica, K Swiss.

Cardigan from China, Banana Republic, Falconnable, MTM shirt, LVC 1967, AE.

Prada, Ted Baker, Burberry, Magnani, Nintendo DS.

Dunc & Co., Paul Stuart, No name tie, Custome National, Magnanni.

Lubiam Studio, The Locust, LVC 1967.

Brooks Brothers, Orvis, John Varvatos, Brooks Brothers, Naked and Famous, AE.

MTM, Rag n Bone, Chinese Cardigan, Thomas Pink, Naked and Famous, AE.

E. Zegna, American Apparel, Naked and Famous, Florsheim Long Wing shells.

Last edited:

size 38R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why all the rules against suits? Some of us wear these daily to work. As hard as it may be for you to believe, some people's real style involves wearing a suit. This is "Classic Menswear" not "Streetwear and Denim."

I also disagree that it is easy to just buy an outfit and look good. If that were true, I wouldn't see so many awful outfits every day. Why not let people post whatever type of outfit they want, and you can decide if it looks good or not.

Last edited:

size 38R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why all the rules against suits? Some of us wear these daily to work. As hard as it may be for you to believe, some people's real style involves wearing a suit. This is "Classic Menswear" not "Streetwear and Denim."

I also disagree that it is easy to just buy an outfit and look good. If that were true, I wouldn't see so many awful outfits every day. Why not let people post whatever type of outfit they want, and you can decide if it looks good or not.

you must be in the wrong thread.

but if you want to play, mix it up, and see how you do.
nod[1].gif

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you are on the wrong forum.

Really? The last time I checked this forumn was called "style forum" and not "boring forum".
lol8[1].gif

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
You are in the "Classic Menswear" forum. I find it strange to see a thread in the Classic Menswear forum that disallows suits and encourages jeans. It is more appropriate in the "Streetwear & Denim" forum. That said, I think I am going to like this thread, so I'm all for leaving it here.

size 38R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You are in the "Classic Menswear" forum. I find it strange to see a thread in the Classic Menswear forum that disallows suits and encourages jeans. It is more appropriate in the "Streetwear & Denim" forum. That said, I think I am going to like this thread, so I'm all for leaving it here.

That's the spirit!
fing02[1].gif

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

"This thread has potential."
lurker[1].gif

lol8[1].gif

No hard feelings! Can't we just do top classic men's wear and bottom street wear and denim?
decisions.gif

Don't get me wrong, as much as I love following the classic men's wear code, I love wearing denim with everything!!! I know I'm breaking rules but I just can't help myself!
bigstar[1].gif

Last edited:

size 38R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"This thread has potential."
lurker%5B1%5D.gif

lol8%5B1%5D.gif

No hard feelings! Can't we just do top classic men's wear and bottom street wear and denim?
decisions.gif

well, not exactly, i mean "title" wise. i want to show that CM can be multi -dimensional.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads