• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The argument for skinny jeans

redchris

Reaction score
That you can't find a decent picture of a man wearing skinny jeans on the whole WWW says it all.

I still can't get over the sufu'ers who drop $400 plus on mij repros of a 501. Then size down to make them look like that first pic.

dinogj

Reaction score
Im 5'9 and 300 lbs and i think i look great in my skinny jeans.
You can really see every dimple and curve of my amazing body. They really do make me feel like a sex god.
**** slim,
**** strait.
I want the outline of ******* to be seen from space. The 5 inch opening really helps support my circulation socks.

jbw

Reaction score
Back, what, about 7-8 years ago when paper, denim, & cloth was all super-premium and helping create the concept of high-end denim it was all about how flared legs were the ideal jeans shape. I remember analysis on SF (maybe pre the split into swd) about how that was the idea shape and everything.

I think skinny and even slim is just part of the cycle, and because it is less comfortable, probably it's going to be more short-lived. It's funny how on men it followed skinny/slim on women. Sometimes I think guys see some fashion on women, like how the women look in it, but over time forget somehow just what part they are really liking and somehow end up wearing the clothes. Seems to me that skinny/slim actually is not well-suited to men because it seems almost always to accentuate the hips which isn't traditionally something you'd think of as a male attribute.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

Slim is not skinny, you ought to know that.

This is the type of bullshit I hear from people who are afraid to be called faggots because they wear skinny jeans. Dior Homme, for example, is skinny, it doesn't mean it looks like tights but there is a heavy tapper and quite slim thighs.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

Back, what, about 7-8 years ago when paper, denim, & cloth was all super-premium and helping create the concept of high-end denim it was all about how flared legs were the ideal jeans shape. I remember analysis on SF (maybe pre the split into swd) about how that was the idea shape and everything.

I think skinny and even slim is just part of the cycle, and because it is less comfortable, probably it's going to be more short-lived. It's funny how on men it followed skinny/slim on women. Sometimes I think guys see some fashion on women, like how the women look in it, but over time forget somehow just what part they are really liking and somehow end up wearing the clothes. Seems to me that skinny/slim actually is not well-suited to men because it seems almost always to accentuate the hips which isn't traditionally something you'd think of as a male attribute.

I don't have hips and it looks better with nice shoes and allows me to tuck into hi tops, it doesn't mean the pendulum won't swing back (baggier/wider dress pants are quite cool) but for jeans I think I'll stick to something relatively similar for years to come. In fact I still wear my old Dior Homme and Cloak jeans and haven't bought anything new in years.

jbw

Reaction score

I don't have hips and it looks better ....

The key is you have the body for it. And maybe also it fits who you are as a person better. There's been a skinny/slim jean vibe in mod/alternative culture for a long, long time. I guess my argument is just that it doesn't make any sense to call skinny/slim "the best" like there is some scientific basis to it, 'cause really it works best for only a small minority of guys (or really young guys) and looks kind of terrible on a surprising percentage.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KenneSherry