• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Yea, mine's doing the same thing on a pair of Dundee's, I take it the top side of the stitching is pulling out and up as well? Gonna take them by a retail store today hopefully.

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All right boys, just took delivery of this beautiful new MTO. This time around, Chili Grain Park Ave! Here are pics and specs:

Specs:
- Park Avenue Cap-Toe Oxford
- Leather: Chili Grain Leather
- Chili Edge dressing
- Chili flat welt
- Wheeled and fudged edges
- Brown leather insole
- Exposed brass eyelets
- Tone on Tone stitching
- Double butyl leather outsole
- Flat waxed laces

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All right boys, just took delivery of this beautiful new MTO. This time around, Chili Grain Park Ave! Here are pics and specs:

Specs:
- Chili Edge dressing
- Chili flat welt
- Brown leather insole
- Exposed brass eyelets
- Tone on Tone stitching
- Flat waxed laces
worship.gif
Another great make up Blaster. That's one shoe tree down, 14 more to go! (based on the number of shoe trees you bought during the last JAB sale)

I made a similar order during the anniversary sale. Lexington Chili Grain with wheeled chili flat welt and light brown transparent edge dressing on v-tread tap sole with leather midsole. Can't wait to get them!

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Specs:
- Chili Edge dressing
- Chili flat welt
- Brown leather insole
- Exposed brass eyelets
- Tone on Tone stitching
- Flat waxed laces

Bl@ster always manages to outdo himself. These are really creative and cool. Would love to see what he pairs them with...

-Mike

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score
My MTO Lexingtons arrived today. I was pleasantly surprised by how fast they got completed, as I placed the order on 4/24. I gave it a quick once-over and didn't see any issues.

Specs:
1020 BROWN CHROMEXCEL
TONE ON TONE UPPER STITCHING
BROWN BINDING
FLAT CHILI WELT
CHILI EDGE DRESSING
BLACK DAINITE

Pics:

The chili welt looks lighter than I thought it'd be, but it's nothing some chili edge dressing couldn't take care of. I think the toe cap on these might crease a little bit, but that won't bother me. Overall, I'm pleased with this make up. It should be a very useful pair of shoes.

Last edited:

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

My MTO Lexingtons arrived today. I was pleasantly surprised by how fast they got completed, as I placed the order on 4/24. I gave it a quick once-over and didn't see any issues.

Specs:
1020 BROWN CHROMEXCEL
BROWN BINDING
FLAT CHILI WELT
CHILI EDGE DRESSING
BLACK DAINITE

Pics:

The chili welt looks lighter than I thought it'd be, but it's nothing some chili edge dressing couldn't take care of. I think the toe cap on these might crease a little bit, but that won't bother me. Overall, I'm pleased with this make up. It should be a very useful pair of shoes.

Very cool! Well done! With a toe cap that long I think it is unavoidable. Don't sweat it!

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@MacktasticGDogg, those look fantastic! Just for my education, what made you choose CXL for a dress shoe? Any practical reason, or just because it's cool?

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

@MacktasticGDogg, those look fantastic! Just for my education, what made you choose CXL for a dress shoe? Any practical reason, or just because it's cool?

I would consider that a casual shoe, personally.

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score
The MacNeil 5 Webgems also arrived today. These took a few more days than the stated 5/9 date to complete (I ordered on 4/1). I didn't see any major issues on these after a quick once-over, but the alignment of eyelets on one shoe is slightly off. It really doesn't bother me as it's not as bad as some other ones I've seen posted on the AE thread and isn't super obvious, so I'm going to let that slide as long as I don't find other glaring issues.

It's interesting to note that the internal side padding that is present on the regular MacNeils are also in this shoe. I have not seen this type of padding on any other AE model I've encountered, so I guess they really just transplanted the MacNeil onto the 65-last. The leather is indeed CXL, which is nice (I love CXL) and looks good in my estimation. This should be another versatile pair of shoes for the rotation.

Some pics:

You can see the internal padding I mentioned here:

Last edited:

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score
Looks great Mac,

Any potential creases below the captoe stitching?

Thanks! Yes, I think it will crease below the captoe stitching. There is some extra volume for my foot in the vamp area, coupled with the longer captoe, I believe it will result on some creasing on the cap itself. I suspected this might be the case when I ordered, and since this is meant to be more of a casual shoe, it's not really an issue for me.

Specs:
1020 BROWN CHROMEXCEL
BROWN BINDING
FLAT CHILI WELT
CHILI EDGE DRESSING
BLACK DAINITE

Pics:

Very cool! Well done! With a toe cap that long I think it is unavoidable. Don't sweat it!

Thanks! Yes, I will enjoy them with or without the captoe creases.:happy:

I chose CXL for this MTO mainly because I really like shoes made out of CXL, but I also thought the Lexington, being a captoe blucher, would be better suited for my purposes if it was made in a more casual leather. I think it can be dressed up in a pinch, but can be dressed down further compared to the regular Lexington. I tried going for maximum versatility within the casual to business-casual spectrum with this pair.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads