• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

testa fabric quality w.w chan

rukawa78180

Reaction score
hello, i m in shanghai right now and i would like toknow that the promotion of W.W Chan, buy 2 shirts get 1 free with their testa fabrics is a reasonable promotion or not. One shirt is 100 euros (150 dollars). So for 200 euros (about 300 dollars) you can get 3 shirts made by testa fabrics. The website sayshttp://chatolufsen.blogspot.com/2008...de-qualit.html the armhole of good quality shirt has two seams, the seams are not connected. But i check and it s not the case for those shird made by W.W. Chan. Can you tell me if it s worth?

ortolan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rukawa78180
hello,

i m in shanghai right now and i would like toknow that the promotion of W.W Chan, buy 2 shirts get 1 free with their testa fabrics is a reasonable promotion or not. One shirt is 100 euros (150 dollars). So for 200 euros (about 300 dollars) you can get 3 shirts made by testa fabrics. The website sayshttp://chatolufsen.blogspot.com/2008...de-qualit.html the armhole of good quality shirt has two seams, the seams are not connected.
But i check and it s not the case for those shird made by W.W. Chan.
Can you tell me if it s worth?

In my opinion WW Chan offers excellent value, and I will sing praises to their customer service in Shanghai. Since you are local, you can get in-store fittings during shirt construction, in case you wish to play with the shoulders, collars, lapels, or armholes. Nevertheless, I am not fond of the Testa shirt fabric at WW Chan Shanghai, though their other leftover fabric selections for jackets and suits can be very nice. If you are pressed for time, the buy 2 get 3 shirt promotion at WW Chan is a good idea since the Testa fabric is in the store; maybe you can do a trial shirt or two from that before you order more. WW Chan can order Thomas Mason fabrics from a local distributor in a few days and Prince Rose from Europe in a couple of weeks (although August will be a challenge since most of Europe is on vacation). My preference in value would be some Thomas Masons or some 120s from Prince Rose. If you like thick MOP buttons, I would recommend that you bring your own.

All the best.

--ortolan

rukawa78180

Reaction score
the 2 brands Thomas Masons and Prince Rose are the best quality(better than alumo monti)? Much better than testa?
thanks

elliottchow

Reaction score
just also got a shirt from testa made from ww chan. Plain white shirt, however i find that it wrinkles far too easily, looks like my shirt just came out from the washer after the end of the work day.

yfyf

Affiliate vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I have three white shirts from Testa / WW Chan SH and numerous others in different colours. In general, I try and pick the more textured, heavier whites that do not appear to wrinkle as easily. I try and avoid fabrics that are too fine, especially in white. It just does not seem to drape as well.

hws

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Freddy Vandecasteele
I think,they are equaly bad Freddy Vandecasteele
The batiste of the 170/2 collection of TESTA is at least a pleasant sensation for the skin!

Freddy Vandecasteele

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hws
The batiste of the 170/2 collection of TESTA is at least a pleasant sensation for the skin!

I agree but it wrinkle like crazy, It is overprized.
I would recommend a nice Voile.

For myself I like a heavier fabric.

Freddy Vandecasteele

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads