• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ten C : The Emperor's New Clothes

scamster

Reaction score
thinking of buying the parka but heard they fit large, I have the field and just wondering if I need to size down from that.

Kuznetsov

Reaction score
Does the snow smock have side entry pockets? Been very tempted by one but if not I may need to rethink.

gjkirk

Reaction score
I really want to pull the trigger on a Snow Smock at the Bureau, hopefully they reduce the price like they have on their Field jackets.

JasonV

Reaction score
I have an unworn size 50 Grey Snow Smock inc liner I'm going to sell - bought from user on here but too small.

B&S tomorrow or PM me meanwhile if interested.

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does the snow smock have side entry pockets? Been very tempted by one but if not I may need to rethink.

They don't. I am thinking of making a side entry by putting a zipper on the pocket. Whoever bought size 46 liners from the Bureau, I am not sure if I should thank you or hate you :(

Does anyone have any pictures of these after some wear? Is it true that they mold to the body and become softer? And what about discolouration and other dry denim-like effects?
Cheers.

The cuffs show the fastest fading. My olive pairs are showing a navy fade around the rim. stacks near the elbows (My arms are short) and scars are showing similar hue. I am pretty sure the molding and form fitting parts are marketing gimmicks but the stacks do seem to stay pretty well.

Last edited:

TintoTerra

Reaction score
Don't know if it's already been mentioned, but Harvey and Pungetti (ten c designers - erstwhile Stone Island and Cp Company designers) are going to be creative directors for CP Company starting next fall. Should have some good pieces coming in the pipeline.

Mailand

Reaction score
I also heard that. Does it mean that Ten C will cease to exist, do you have any info? I'm really pissed at myself now that I didn't buy the Ten C trench coat when I had a chance...
baldy[1].gif

Doubt I'll come across another one ever...

radicaldog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ If that's the case, I'm glad I got my snow smock in time. I'm very pleased with it, except that the length may turn out to be a bit fashiony a few years down the line (I would've made it an inch or so longer).

Anyway, it may well be that Ten C continues: isn't the idea that the collection doesn't change over the years?

Last edited:

Mailand

Reaction score
Anyway, it may well be that Ten C continues: isn't the idea that the collection doesn't change over the years?

Well, I do hope the collection won't be changing just like they said - I'm just saying that maybe they will cancel/abandon the whole brand altogether...

scamster

Reaction score
crap I just heard this.

considering that ten c clothing is manufactured and distributed by fgf industry (owners of c.p. company) it wouldn't surprise me if it did get absorbed.

a shame if ten c does die but if that happens I'm sure the fabric will continue to be used by c.p. company.

Mailand

Reaction score
I agree with that scenario, but the problem is that CP Company will than slap a couple of goggles/watchviewers on it, ruin the quality of the finish, the sizing will be over the place and all the pieces will be exclusive as a pair of Nike sneakers. The (high) price will I suspect stay the same...

Last edited:

scamster

Reaction score
we're casting doom over whether ten c will cease to exist but I'd like to be hopeful that it'll still be an independent label.

if it stays true to it's mantra of 'four colours (already broken this), seven coats forever' then pungetti and harvey really don't need to have much of a hands on approach to ten c.

there could be the possibility that they follow what stone island do with shadow project and ten c becomes the pinnacle of c.p. company (can't see that happening) but we are only speculating, we'll all have to wait and see what happens.

apparently I heard they have spring/summer range due out soon maybe they'll some news then.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads