• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tailors - Lost in Translation?

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Probably not a killing. SF is a very small cross section. You are more likely to get a lot of hate from average people balking at the prices.

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GBR
Write down in detail precisely what you want if there is any suggestion of language or custom issue. You really are the author of your own misfortune by not so doing and making assumptions.
Yup. Because if you can't speak English you surely can read English
rolleyes.gif
I think that would actually be more insulting and I could kiss my garment goodbye. I think the best thing I did in this instance was trust a well tailored coat (stock PRL) to the tailor as an example along with the coat I wished to be fixed. There was a challenge in there somewhere. Try to explain what you want =
confused.gif
Show what you want = profit.

TWEEEEEDDDDD

Reaction score
Im in the chicagoland suburbs and go to a guy in naperville (naperville tailoring), I have referred countless people to him and I always talk to other customers in his shop about how great his work is. I feel that if he knows I appreciate his perfection he will continue to alter my clothes with 100% effort...

I tell him exact widths on leg openings that I want and he puts probably 15 pins in each shirt when hes taking in the sides and darting...

Things always come out perfect (only 2 failures out of 30+ shirt alterations) for $18 you cant beat that!

I just dropped off 6 button downs, a few casual for the weekend a few work/wedding lets see how they turn out I pick them up next wednesday....

What Im getting at is he can take a $80 shirt and make it look MTM...

Im sure ill get flamed for this, once I was at target buying some food and I came across a button down collar relaxed oxford shirt for FIVE DOLLARS, after a trip to the tailor its one of my favorite weekend shirts...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads