1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply loose threads on La Spalla jacket

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kimistry, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Kimistry

Kimistry Well-Known Member

So I recently purchased a La Spalla Suitsupply jacket which I really like. The problem is that the jacket has a few loose threads. I'm wary of pulling or cutting the threads but according to their customer care, I'm supposed to. I purchased a replacement but it want any better. In fact, I might say it was worse because the fabric is fuzzy in one area. What do you think I should do. Cut it? Am I expecting too much by thinking a jacket shouldn't have loose threads?

Thanks!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. AriG

AriG Well-Known Member

I just cut those ... but too many make me no happy

Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
  3. othertravel

othertravel Well-Known Member

4. Kimistry

Kimistry Well-Known Member

Sadly, I went ahead and bought another one to replace it but the replacement was worse: the fabric itself was fraying in one part. So now I have the choice of keeping the one with loose threads, or the one with loose threads and a frayed piece of fabric. I'm probably going to keep the former and then just cut the threads. Is this normal for jackets? I don't think I had this problem with my Paul smith suits. Seems like a quality issue for a $640 jacket...