• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Suedeheads - Faith Royals brogues and loafers

pompeypaul

Reaction score
Hello,

I have been reading the threads on this website for some time now especially in reference to the original skinheads and suedeheads. I grew up in the UK and was also heavily influenced by these styles which I still base my own style on. I now live in Perth, Western Australia which is a million miles away from this influence. In the early 80's when I was a teenager I got swept up in the whole Two Tone thing which is still close to my heart. Anyway, the fashion was a big thing and of course I dressed in the style of that time and still do. I remember having all the right clobber - Levi's Sta-Prest (proper ones), Ben Sherman button down, Fred Perry, Tassel loafers, Harrington Jacket and so on. I remember getting a pair of Loafers which were either Faith Royals or Frank Wright. I can't remember exactly but as I still own a pair of Frank Wright loafers the ones I had in England weren't as flat at the front as FW. Anyway, reading about the original skinhead/suedeheads they always talk about Faith Royals as the ones they had. The brogues would even become to known as Royals as the best ones were made by Faith Royals. I have a pair of Faith Royals brogues but being size 8.5 they are way too small for me. They certainly are the nicest ones I have ever seen though.

Anyway, after this big introduction my quest is to find out about this company. I have tried to research them on the net but just can't seem to find out anything about them. Where were they based, when did they start making shoes, when did they stop? Can anybody shed some light about Faith Royals and even better if there are any pics etc?

Cheers,

Paul

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads