• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Starbucks. Do you like?

contactme_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
although not the best i've had by any means, i like their lattes. i think anything is better then "dunkin' heartburns", i mean doughnuts

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
why do you ruin an espresso by adding water.

I hate the coffee at starbucks it is undrinkable.

Plus whatever the going rate is these days.
Originally Posted by teddieriley
I was in Budapest and came across Nespresso for the first time.
The one on Andrassy? Actually, that's the only one that I'm aware of. No Starbucks here, yet.

Actually, if I were in a position where I were contemplating creation of a global brand, I would follow the Starbucks model almost exactly. They manage to keep brand integrity while creating local-feeling stores across a huge range of markets. As many people in the thread have mentioned, they go for the ambiance rather than the coffee. As others have mentioned, Starbucks is branching out from just coffee to become a "lifestyle choice." That kind of brand loyalty is priceless.

All that said, I don't patronize the chain. Try to support locals instead, which in the NE US is easy to do. Here, there are other choices of coffeeshops that I'm not convinced are any better than Starbucks. The famous places like Gerbaud (Budapest's answer to Sacher) serve good enough coffee, but nothing spectacular.

I'm brewing Boca Java right now thanks to a neat marketing trick they pulled, but it's really surprisingly good. Support the troops with more than a yellow ribbon with Bad Ass Coffee of Hawaii. Great flavored blends. As I've posted before, this is my coffee maker. I tend to break anything more technologically advanced:

img1081qp8.jpg

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've come across a new coffee: Parisi Bolivian. Deep and rich, but not charred. Hints of chocolate and honeysuckle. Delightful.

tonylumpkin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ivan Kipling
I've come across a new coffee: Parisi Bolivian. Deep and rich, but not charred. Hints of chocolate and honeysuckle. Delightful.

How does anything HINT at honeysuckle?

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How does anything HINT at honeysuckle?
This brew affects a floral note, rather like some teas. Subtle but persistent. I've noted florals in other coffee, as well. Berries, too.

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got caught having to buy a coffee there on the weekend (was uncharacteristically in a hurry) and remembered somebody's advice about the "Americano" -- good call, as I was pleasantly surprised.

Augustus Medici

Reaction score
I used to never drink coffee but have taken to drinking it after large meals. I don't know how you people can drink coffee on a daily basis.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
133 Starbucks within a 10 mile radius (includes the two starbucks directly on opposite corners of a single intersection that was posted earlier).

I'm not a coffee conneisseur(sp?), I don't mind Starbucks. And yeah, I'd rather get espresso's straight than pussified in an Americano. One time I ordered an Iced Coffee, but they didn't have any so they offered me Iced Americano instead, bleh.

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonick
133 Starbucks within a 10 mile radius (includes the two starbucks directly on opposite corners of a single intersection that was posted earlier).

I'm not a coffee conneisseur(sp?), I don't mind Starbucks. And yeah, I'd rather get espresso's straight than pussified in an Americano. One time I ordered an Iced Coffee, but they didn't have any so they offered me Iced Americano instead, bleh.

The overwhelming number of Starbucks in BC is what I really find saddening. Give me a Tim Hortons Iced Cappuccino anyday... those things are addictive like crack.

p.trick

Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
Since the nearest place where I can get a cup of Illy is 30 minutes away on a Sunday afternoon, the Starbucks 5 minutes away has to do.

Ditto.

Try an iced white chocolate mocha w/ whipped cream for dessert or as a late-night snack should you find yourself without any alternatives.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads