• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Futbol • Calcio 2011/2012

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Quoted for posterity. He's been a right-back his whole career, but Mou has started using him as a CB this season in light of Arbeloa's good run of form and Carvalho's long-term injury. The fact that he plays better there is only a recent development.

Jabonator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I guess I don't have the facts of his "correct" position, but I've seen him play at centerback years back, and I've always thought he's better there than on the right. Kinda like Puyol, although the reasons are different.

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ramos is excellent as a CB or a RB. However, I think he makes a better contribution out wide because of his attacking ability and the additional height and aerial strength he brings to his team. Also, for me, he's a little too rash in the tackle for the ideal CB.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Shout out to Venessian -
Your dreams might just be about to come true.

:)

I'm in Italy until 1/29 and not on the internet much these days.

I don't think that, after Berlusca nixed the Tevez>AC Milan/Pato>PSG deal yesterday, many Interisti are happy that Tevez negotiations might re-open. Inter are playing great now (we'll know more after the derby this weekend), are fully healthy, and don't need a distraction/nutcase like Tevez. Better they stay away, and hope that he signs with PSG. Or Cornthians. Or Anzhi Etolakacha. Or Real...Salt Lake....:lookaround: :).

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Both a pity and nice to hear that McEachran has gotten out of AVB's Chelsea for at least the rest of the season. Some solid playing time in midfield for Swansea will make or break him.

@ Venessian - enjoy Italy! That's amazing!

Last edited:

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ramos is excellent as a CB or a RB. However, I think he makes a better contribution out wide because of his attacking ability and the additional height and aerial strength he brings to his team. Also, for me, he's a little too rash in the tackle for the ideal CB.

Agree, I think he's always been more effective out on the flanks

Also in Spanish football new, looks like Pedro pulled his hamstring attempting to dive. :rotflmao:
He probably didn't but I had to post that

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aaron Ramsey is Wales captain at 21 :spew:

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Despite his rashness he should be perfect for SHA's purposes. Let's hope Leeds can strike a deal w/ RM before the transfer window closes so that this discussion is not all for naught....

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@ Venessian - enjoy Italy! That's amazing!
It's great here, but a warm winter. I'll be moving back permanently in several months. :) I can't wait until the Derby! I think Inter will do well, and it looks like Ranieri is sticking with the latest (winning) starters:
Pazzini, Milito; Alvarez, Cambiasso, Thiago Motta, Zanetti; Nagatomo, Samuel, Lucio, Maicon; Julio Cesar​
Sneijder, Forlan, Stankovic, Chivu, Ranocchia AC Milan looks like:
Robinho, Ibrahimovic; Boateng; Nocerino, Van Bommel, Ambrosini; Antonini, Thiago Silva, Nesta, Abate; Abbiati​
Mexes, Zambrotta, Seedorf, Pato, El Shaarawy It should be good!

Last edited:

zeusbheld

Reaction score

What are some of the better soccer forums out there?

if you're interested in the soap opera that is Manchester City, Blue Moon is quite entertaining. if you're interested in the glory whore side of Manchester, or just interested in seeing 'em blow a gasket when things don't go their way, www.redcafe.net is pretty entertaining.

would love to know of a good Ajax Amsterdam forum in English...

oh an PS anyone who thinks Messi isn't the best in the world right now because he doesn't track back is either a) insane or b) English.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

oh an PS anyone who thinks Messi isn't the best in the world right now because he doesn't track back is either a) insane or b) English.

Hahaha, true - although I will admit I've seen Rooney play box to box too, when it suits him. Messi does track back much more than his Ballon d'or competition (ie - Ronny & Xavi)

What a strike by José Callejón to put Madrid over Mallorca yesterday. Lept out of my seat at that.

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

if you're interested in the soap opera that is Manchester City, Blue Moon is quite entertaining. if you're interested in the glory whore side of Manchester, or just interested in seeing 'em blow a gasket when things don't go their way, www.redcafe.net is pretty entertaining.
would love to know of a good Ajax Amsterdam forum in English...

Who thinks Messi isn't the best in the world because he doesn't track back?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads