• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Futbol • Calcio 2011/2012

comeonyouspurs

Reaction score
Always good to see the Gooners in crisis
lurker[1].gif

La Liga players' strike: http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/blog/_/name/train_rob/id/6881900/player-strike-delays-la-liga-season

It's lockout season around the world!

afc345

Reaction score

I also view the first goal as offside, but who was off on the second one? Suarez would've been offside if the initial play had been to him, but it went to Miereles; and he was well on. Did you find Suarez to be off on the pass from Miereles?

Hmm, you could be right about that one, it was just my initial reaction really, haven't studied the situation in detail.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Modric not playing vs. United because his "head's not right." Imminent move to Chelsea?

Has to be. Why else would Harry bench one of his top players for the most challenging game of the year, when he is not injured?

Sort of unrelated but, I have always liked Redknapp. He is one of the top managers out there. Random football fact -- he was a player and coach for the Seattle Sounders in the 70's.

Mata transfer from Valencia is in the bag as of today. \o/

Maybe Chelsea won't be unwatchable this year after all.

hhenryhhh

Reaction score
I have no idea why Fox Soccer didn't broadcast that Man Utd/Spurs game.

I don't want to watch MLS you ******* assholes.

comeonyouspurs

Reaction score
What a **** display from Spurs tonight.

I couldn't be more happy for Modric to get the **** away from my club. His head wasn't the only one not in the right place tonight. Our attack looked stale beyond belief. I've seen relegation teams make better decisions in their attacking third than we made today. Oh and Lennon...did he have on blinders or was he tripping on acid? VDV was in a massive island of green and to make it worse, Lennon plays it off the defender whilst making that dumb ass cross and catches the ball thus nullifying the corner.

If I could, I'd take Diarra, Ruiz, and Adebayor to WHL on my own bad back. We need to refresh our line up very, very badly. Our midfield had no cohesion or flow what so ever. Every time we had a run going through the midfield, someone would just go rogue and then try to pull it back with a poor ball. Sell Modric, buy two or three more quality players. Harry was playing himself with all that "I wanna keep him" talk. Crouch and Palacios are STILL on the squad and only God knows why. Niko needs to gtf too. Let us not forget about Hutton, Bassong, and Bentley who Harry needs to just let go for bargains. *******. It's still money in the pocket.

How could you not test the most nervous goal keeper in the whole ******* world more? Defoe looked half-asleep! VDV's two silly chances from 40+ yards almost had me cleaning up plastic off my floor and rushing to the store to buy another remote. Bale was a ray of sunshine but hattricks-at-the-san siro type performances don't just happen every match day.

Friedel did well. He got three goals scored on him that he could do nothing about. The man is a rock. Kaboul, and BAE were more sunshine rays but our back four is def. far from being rock solid.

New season, same old ****.

United looks great. Strong, fast, and smart. Good looking football. Maybe City and United trying to keep points pace with each other all season long will be the storyline this year after all. Only time will tell.

*drops mic*

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It was on ESPN...

tullytra

Reaction score

What a **** display from Spurs tonight.
I'd agree that from about the 55' mark on it was absolute garbage from Spurs, but before that they didn't look terrible. Sure, they squandered opportunities and didn't have make the most of their attack, but they were going tit for tat with United. Spurs were keeping possession and played quite a few nice balls down the side. The finishing just wasn't there. I liked van der Vaart's first attempt from distance as he did have an opening, but the second one was silly. I saw enough from Spurs in that game to think they could fight for the 4th spot in the table though.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

You can still stream it on ESPN3

comeonyouspurs

Reaction score
I'd agree that from about the 55' mark on it was absolute garbage from Spurs, but before that they didn't look terrible. Sure, they squandered opportunities and didn't have make the most of their attack, but they were going tit for tat with United. Spurs were keeping possession and played quite a few nice balls down the side. The finishing just wasn't there. I liked van der Vaart's first attempt from distance as he did have an opening, but the second one was silly. I saw enough from Spurs in that game to think they could fight for the 4th spot in the table though.

I agree, the first half was quite pleasant to watch. But all through the second half I couldn't help but think, "Oh if Adebayor was there" or "Ohhh Ruiz would do well in that space" so on and so forth. I know a lot of fans like to see their team spend just to spend but I think we desperately need new faces in the squad, and immediately. Finishing was a huge issue last year, especially as we got down to the wire for that final CL place. It's frustrating to see it continue in the new campaign.

And I think the announcer was right saying that we looked leggy in the second half too. Man U ran us ragged.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ A lot of us were hoping for more from Spurs today.

Any Inter fans want to talk about Eto'o moving to "Anzhi Makhachkala," a club I am not going to pretend to know anything about except that they bought Chelsea's Zhirkov as well. lol Russian oil money.

"Inter Milan has reportedly reached a deal with Russian club Anzhi Makhachkala for the transfer of striker Samuel Eto'o, a deal that should make the Cameroon international the highest paid soccer player in the world."

"Makhachkala is plagued by violence from insurgency that has spread across the North Caucasus after two separatist wars in Dagestan's neighboring region of Chechnya. Anzhi players live and train at a training camp outside Moscow and travel to Makhachkala for home games, flying about 1,250 miles 15 times a season."

http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/ne...el-etoo-world-highest-paid-player-report-says

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ A lot of us were hoping for more from Spurs today.

Any Inter fans want to talk about Eto'o moving to "Anzhi Makhachkala," a club I am not going to pretend to know anything about except that they bought Chelsea's Zhirkov as well. lol Russian oil money.

"Inter Milan has reportedly reached a deal with Russian club Anzhi Makhachkala for the transfer of striker Samuel Eto'o, a deal that should make the Cameroon international the highest paid soccer player in the world."

"Makhachkala is plagued by violence from insurgency that has spread across the North Caucasus after two separatist wars in Dagestan's neighboring region of Chechnya. Anzhi players live and train at a training camp outside Moscow and travel to Makhachkala for home games, flying about 1,250 miles 15 times a season."

http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/ne...uel-etoo-world-highest-paid-player-report-say

Nigerians don't do well in the Ukraine. I doubt a Cameroonian will do any better in Russia. - see Franklin Foer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads