• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Futbol • Calcio 2011/2012

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Arsenal look afraid to shoot.

It has been like that for years. Must drive Gunner fans crazy shouting at the TV, "Shoot! Shoot! Shoot the freaking ball! NOW! .....oh noes... ball is cleared."

Every team has their perennial issues. Chelsea fans have the annual burden of trying to learn the correct pronunciation of the new coach's name.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
okay last post for a bit. United will win the league. Then City, Chelsea and Liverpool in that order.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
:( Barca is looking second-rate

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GOAL!!!!!!!

HALA MADRID!!!

Last edited:

KitAkira

Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
That attack was so clean. Looks like Real has twice as many players on the pitch, but that 8th minute save was great

Edit: Still in it.

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah - I have to say even as a Madrid fan that Iniesta is nearly untouchable as a player. He's so bloody good.

Villa and Messi's strikes were incredible. Against all flow of play they squeak out two. Incredible.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gotta love Dani Alves... twice now.

Quatsch

Reaction score
In a straight line sprint, Ronaldo has to be one of the fastest dudes around.

Edit - wondered how long it was gonna take Pepe to get a yellow.

Last edited:

acularw

Reaction score
I played soccer my whole life and love the game. I have never really had the time to follow the EPL, but decided to pay the extra $15/mo to get most of the games on DirecTV.

I dug around a bit and decided I will cheer for Man City. I didn't want to choose a complete bandwagon type team and it looks like they should be able to compete this year. Add in an arrogant coach and I should at least be entertained this year.

Any recommendations for the best sites for EPL coverage? I have just been scouring some of the ESPN sites up until now...

KitAkira

Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Well that got pretty damned dirty in the 2nd

Quatsch

Reaction score

I played soccer my whole life and love the game. I have never really had the time to follow the EPL, but decided to pay the extra $15/mo to get most of the games on DirecTV.

I dug around a bit and decided I will cheer for Man City. I didn't want to choose a complete bandwagon type team and it looks like they should be able to compete this year. Add in an arrogant coach and I should at least be entertained this year.

Any recommendations for the best sites for EPL coverage? I have just been scouring some of the ESPN sites up until now...

ESPN's soccernet is pretty EPL-centric.

xudisco07

Reaction score

Man City :facepalm:

ESPN is good. I like Goal's website too. Most UK newspaper websites have some good information, but often the rumors are not from reliable sources.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not a fan of the pink star?

ESPN3.com. Streaming both legs of the Supercopa

Hate the pink star. The only good pink in Italy is Palermo or the Maglia Rosa....

Thanks. I managed to see only the second half today. Pretty rough, but the goals were good, esp. Messi's. Will watch Wednesday.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks. I managed to see only the second half today. Pretty rough, but the goals were good, esp. Messi's. Will watch Wednesday.

You can also try rojadirecta.es. They'll always stream anything decent from abroad.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads