• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So, You Have Just Won a Suit Sweepstakes!!!

What would you most like to have?

• One suit from any expert, bespoke master tailor within 1000 miles of your home.

Votes: 38 56.7%
  • Two suits from Paul Stuart

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Three suits from Oxxford

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • Four suits from Nordstrom

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Six suits from Brooks Bros

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Eight suits from Jos. A Bank

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Twelve suits from Men's Wearhouse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Twenty suits from Sears

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats! You have won a suit contest. But you get to choose how you utilize your good fortune. These are your choices....you can:

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd probably commission a suit from Despos. Then again, I don't need to wear a suit that often and already own five, so I don't value quantity as much anymore.

Macallan

Reaction score
If you are talking about Paul Stuart bespoke then that, otherwise the one suit option and I would go to Italy to get it made.

I rarely need to wear a suit to work and I have enough non-work suits.

Yanks27

Reaction score
I have quantity of suits. Would waiting for a Seville Row or Naples tailor to come to NYC count as a 1,000 mile radius?

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, is the person who voted for Sears being a wise guy...or does he want a lot of disposable suits?

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am guessing not...unless he is like a factory boss and can't risk quality suits at work.

ImTheGroom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It would take courage to admit owning, let alone wanting, a Sears suit on here. I asked about the longevity ofa JCP tie in the quick answer thread and was resoundingly ignored. Though, we are in Seattle, so I picked up this guy as per your advice. It's the store brand, so was only $50. The JCP tie was gold with narrower navy stripes for $17, but I realized I would go back and buy this one later anyway, and end up spending $67.

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It would take courage to admit owning, let alone wanting, a Sears suit on here. I asked about the longevity ofa JCP tie in the quick answer thread and was resoundingly ignored. Though, we are in Seattle, so I picked up this guy as per your advice. It's the store brand, so was only $50. The JCP tie was gold with narrower navy stripes for $17, but I realized I would go back and buy this one later anyway, and end up spending $67.

Looking good...was that the event or just a warm-up?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads