• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SNS Herning- fits?

Cark

Reaction score
That is crazy.. They even went the extra mile mentioning that the same model wears a size medium in the "slim fit" while he wears a large in the "regular" version.

Still, i dont see any "slim fit" on SNS herning OWN website.. Woaw some BS they are on if they just make up their own description.

i just noticed you are in denmark, can't you buy sns herning stark sweaters locally? rather than buying from an overpriced internet store that is across the ocean that posts lies on their website?

i recall the last time i bought a different sweater from sns herning i called them long distance and they were quite helpful in answering my questions about sizing before i bought the sweater locally here since it wasn't a very common sweater and few stores had it.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
So glad I have the original version before *********** it up.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Funny I still get under your skin after a several years old comment you can't seem to forget.

MrUnderwood

Reaction score
i just noticed you are in denmark, can't you buy sns herning stark sweaters locally? rather than buying from an overpriced internet store that is across the ocean that posts lies on their website?

i recall the last time i bought a different sweater from sns herning i called them long distance and they were quite helpful in answering my questions about sizing before i bought the sweater locally here since it wasn't a very common sweater and few stores had it.

Yes, indeed i can. I just cannot find that slim fit version anywhere besides MrPorter so had to inquire and figure that one out. I have e-mailed MrPorter and they said that the two are the same product, but the one labeled "slim fit" has a more tight fit over the shoulders because of the wool - or they used the wording "due to the nature of the fabric" - it has to be the different wools.

MrUnderwood

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Overall, would you say that the Stark, compared to brand new - shrinks (gets smaller) or stretches (gets larger) over time? I plan to machinewash (wool program) if that makes any difference.

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dude. Why in the world would you machine wash warm a wool cardigan like this? You should at most get it dry cleaned whenever you do choose to get it cleaned. Which would be very infrequently.

MrUnderwood

Reaction score
Dude. Why in the world would you machine wash warm a wool cardigan like this? You should at most get it dry cleaned whenever you do choose to get it cleaned. Which would be very infrequently.

Because i dont want to spend the time getting it dry cleaned. Much easier with the machine wash wool program then needed. Thats why. You do you, i do it my way.

Cark

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Overall, would you say that the Stark, compared to brand new - shrinks (gets smaller) or stretches (gets larger) over time? I plan to machinewash (wool program) if that makes any difference.

don't, instead just soak in cold water for 1 hour (if there are any major stains, spot clean with a cloth + water before soaking), then squeeze out most of the water with your hands, then put it in the machine to spin dry, and then hang dry overnight with multiple flat hangers inside side by side (or flat dry if you really feel like it, but i find the machine spin takes out enough water to hang without sagging too much)

Last edited:

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread could be a reference for terrible ideas on wool sweater care.

If you’d really like to know how to take care of your sweater google the articles at Put This On.

Alexidb

Reaction score
does anyone feel that the ribbing on the new starks are thinner and feel cheaper? it has that flimsy feel, i dont recall the old ones being like that.
I changed from a large to a XL, I’m 5’11 13 and a half stone. The XL fit like my old large at first, and the knit was about the same, it’s stretched out a bit now and the knit seems a bit more, open?

Cark

Reaction score
I changed from a large to a XL, I’m 5’11 13 and a half stone. The XL fit like my old large at first, and the knit was about the same, it’s stretched out a bit now and the knit seems a bit more, open?

i dont know because i only wore the old stark for 1 winter before i sold it, it didn't have much of a chance to stretch out (much).

but all sns sweaters stretch one size larger after their first wash.

Alexidb

Reaction score
I’ve been wearing it a month and a half, and have yet to wash it. It has definitely stretched more and faster then my old one.

i dont know because i only wore the old stark for 1 winter before i sold it, it didn't have much of a chance to stretch out (much).

but all sns sweaters stretch one size larger after their first wash.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads