• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Small wedding in Paris - help me

ruzzi

Reaction score
Just got engaged and getting married in Paris in mid-September (travelling from Australia.

Looking at a small daytime ceremony (will already be civilly married) with about 10 or so guests, take some photos around the city in the afternoon then somewhere nice for dinner.

I've looked at wedding planners who do elopements packages but they look a bit underwhelming and generic.

I was wondering if anyone had any well travelled sf'ers have recs for the following:

1. A venue in Paris for a small ceremony

Ideally, something like a small rooftop garden etc with a view of the city or perhaps a hotel room with a nice patio? The planners have some nice venues but are charging 4k+ euro which I find a bit much for something that will take no longer than 20 minutes. Something that has a bit of shelter from the elements would be even better!

2. Good Parisian wedding photographer

Happy to pay a decent amount for this provided they take great shots!

3. Good Parisian restaurant with a private or secluded dining area.

Ideally something quintessntially Parisian with good food and atmosphere?

The wedding planner quoted us a private dinner with $390 Euro... really? I dunno I'm from Australia
smile.gif

4. Accommodation

Best place to stay with 10 or so guests? We'll be staying for approx 7-8 nights so maybe an apartment rather than hotel? Last time we stayed in a hotel in the 6th and that's probably our fave district.

Budget wise I guess I'm looking to spend less than 2500 euro on each of the above.

4 months to plan a wedding on the other side of the world. This should be fun. I don't even know what I'm wearing
smile.gif

Helppppppppp!

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have no recommendations for any of that but you are being taken for a serious ride, especially for the food. I would ditch the wedding planner ASAP.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is something you two should do yourselves. You would do yourselves a big favor taking a small barebones trip up there to scout locations. And then plan everything on your own especially since it's a very small wedding. Will probably cost the same as a planner.

annhay21x

Reaction score
First of all Congrats for your engagement. I recommend "Marais" for your wedding plans best place in Paris with all budget facilities. Best of luck for your wedding.
happy.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads