• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slim Fit Khaki's/Chino's

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by haresh
club monaco: the new wright fit that came out in July in a wide array of colors

is it really much different? I was at CM a couple weeks ago and while picking up one of the khaki blazers for crazy cheap I tried on the (old?) wrights and they were ******* huge. Which is really weird b/c the wright jackets fit quite slim.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up a pair of the BR vintage straights today. I already have a pair that i have work for 3-4 months. they have held up quite well. and fit pretty slim. you can size down on them because the waist is probably 1-2 in bigger than tagged

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I really think the 510's are underrated.

I saw a fit fairly recently in the WAYWT thread, can't remember who exactly... but they were spot on.

I was out window shopping and stumbled upon a pair, so I tried a sized up pair on and they were amazing.

most of them are being cleared out and shipped to Tj Maxx etc, so if you're looking to score some slimmer 5 pocket chinos they're awailable for 15-20 bucks.

robbie

Hot Dog Day #49

Reaction score
510s are too tight. I'm really really thin and even if I size up they're too tight. You look like a girl when you wear them.
frown.gif

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yah, 510's are too small for me too. 511's are perfect for me though. a size 30x30 is the perfect little to no break pants for me.

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
511 have too narrow of a taper compared to the thigh IMO

i think im going to risk getting a pair of pants tailored....for some reason i dont trust tailors in my area

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
510s suck if you have anything close to muscular legs. Last time I tried a pair, i could barely get them past my thighs. Waist was fine, though, but goddamn if my nuts didn't feel like they're dying, too. They literally cut the circulation off in my legs. My feet got all tingly...

SeckBoy

Reaction score
I sized up 3 on a pair of 510s and sag them like a motherfucker. They actually look pretty good. Poor man's diors

jaac

Reaction score
Find chino's in what ever colour you want with the right top block and take them to a tailor.

burningbright

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need some advice on some chinos.

I'm 6'1 and 210 with large thighs and calves and a 36 waist. I'd like a slimmer fitting chino but most of the usual suspects I've tried (J. Crew, UO, Uniqlo, etc.) are all too tight around the thighs and the regular or comfort fit ones are just too baggy. Who should I look to?

I was actually thinking about getting some Buzz Rickson vintage military chinos because they look like they'd accommodate my thighs and I like the clean, classic look and quality, but if I'm going to spend $150 for a pair I can't try on, I want to be sure. I see that RRL makes a military chino as well but I just don't know enough about the military cut to know if it would be right for me. My frame size really doesn't permit me to keep button downs un-tucked so I'm strictly a tuck-in guy if that helps narrow anything down.

Anybody have any experience with military cuts or would like to offer some alternatives that would work for me?

Thanks!

MeSoHungy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaac
Find chino's in what ever colour you want with the right top block and take them to a tailor.

yeah that's what I do, and it's worth it because i love the custom fit nature of my pants after i get them tailored.

Reaction score
burningbright,

I'm six feet, 200 lbs and muscular thighs. Brooks Brothers cotton chinos in the "Clark" style fit me pretty well. Slim but not too snug. I found I had to order one inch larger in the waist, though, to get the right fit. They may not look "street" enough for you, but... they're chinos. Give 'em a try.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads