• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ino68

Reaction score
Ooooh the two-tone field boot is looking mighty tempting!

Havana grain and coffee suede would be hot!

Last edited:

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
316 last, same as the make up found here: http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/collections/new-arrivals/products/carlos-santos-field-boot

So far I think we are looking at the following makeup
Oak or Brown Grain uppers (need to see comparison pics but likely whatever is the darker of the two)
Mink Suede shaft
Flat welt (same as the stock field boot)
Edge color, same as whatever the current boot is I think would be best
4 eyelets and 4 speed hooks (same color as the current stock field boot, unless the group want something different)
Dainite stud soles might be leading the votes, Ridgeway might be another option but waiting on confirmation.

This Boot

One of these leather combos.

Interested members, need 8 to move forward.

@Burzan
@Burzan Friend
@patliean1
@kali77
@mdubya
@sdfzs
@wsop05
@bm93
@KPDarb

Bringing this forward a few pages so people considering it don't have to scroll back too far.

Any of those combos would be awesome, IMO.

Last edited:

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bringing this forward a few pages so people considering it don't have to scroll back too far.

Thanks, if you can edit and add @KPDarb to the interested parties that would be great.

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If any of the boot gang wants a pair of grain leather longwings for those days when a boot might be too much, we're one commitment away from the awesome Tarnsjo EBs.

galileo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What is the price range of Joe Works? I believe they are good year Welted right ?

If it's Joe Works, Tokyo price tag is 68000 yen ($680) for Suede/shoulder calf, 74000 ($740) yen for Annonay Calf

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

I am so glad boot weather is here:
IMG_0908_zpswc67kdar.jpg

Happy Sunday!

lexxdeleon

Reaction score
316 last, same as the make up found here: http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/collections/new-arrivals/products/carlos-santos-field-boot

So far I think we are looking at the following makeup
Oak or Brown Grain uppers (need to see comparison pics but likely whatever is the darker of the two)
Mink Suede shaft
Flat welt (same as the stock field boot)
Edge color, same as whatever the current boot is I think would be best
4 eyelets and 4 speed hooks (same color as the current stock field boot, unless the group want something different)
Dainite stud soles might be leading the votes, Ridgeway might be another option but waiting on confirmation.

This Boot

One of these leather combos.

Interested members, need 8 to move forward.

@Burzan
@Burzan Friend
@patliean1
@kali77
@mdubya
@sdfzs
@wsop05
@bm93

Please add me to the interested list. My preference would be the Oak grain, but brown grain is fine as well. Also I would require the dainite sole, it just doesn't make sense for me to go with commando or ridgeway out here in California.

Skoaktiebolaget

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Alright fellas!

Here you go:

Mink Suede and Brown Grain

Mink Suede and Havane Grain

Mink Suede and Oak Grain

Keep in mind that this is just for you to get a better idea of how the combos work, a slight difference in color may occur!

IMHO all combos will be stunning!

KInd regards,

Oliver

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would this Calway be available in wide or narrow? Sorry if I've missed this info in the flurry of recent posts. TIA

mdubya

Reaction score
How many is needed for a CS GMTO?

I think Dark Brown is the best looking combo followed by Oak.

But if the final makeup is going to be CS "Dainite", I'll probably be out given how poorly my other non-dainite branded "dainite" soles have worn. My advice would be if you guys are going to go for something less winter boot/rugged looking and more sleek, avoid the grain lower and go for a calf leather.

or

Grain (in my opinion) tends to pair better with a chunkier look (e.g. victory sole)

Last edited:

kali77

Reaction score
I think I would be out of if it is a dainite look alike and not really dainite.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

What's the approxminate cost? 

The Carlos Santos Field boot is
3200 SEK including VAT for EU clients
2560 SEK excluding VAT for non-EU clients
$350 USD for US clients

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?