• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe we can get side by side pics of the Oak Grain/Mink Suede and Brown Grain/Mink Suede so we can finalize the colors. Then get clarification on if Ridgeway is available. I'm cool with dainite, ridgeway, or whatever the group decides though for soles.

Same eyelets and hooks as the stock model? I like the look of those but open on that too.

Last edited:

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Out of curiosity what are advantages of ridgeway over Danite I guess pro or cons or major difference.

There aren't any major differences. Ridgway is a little softer underfoot. Dainite is more wear resistant and longer lasting. I have observed no superiority in grip with ridgway over Dainite. And I have plenty of both.

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity what are advantages of ridgeway over Danite I guess pro or cons or major difference.

There aren't any major differences. Ridgway is a little softer underfoot. Dainite is more wear resistant and longer lasting. I have observed no superiority in grip with ridgway over Dainite. And I have plenty of both.

Thank you roger that clear up lot of things !!

bm93

Reaction score

I think I have a friend interested too.

@Burzan

@Burzan
 Friend
@patliean1

@kali77

@mdubya

Looks like we are getting closer sitting at 5 interested.

@Leaves
, can CS source the Dainite Ridgeway soles?

I may also be interested in this makeup... what last?

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I may also be interested in this makeup... what last?

316 last, same as the make up found here: http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/collections/new-arrivals/products/carlos-santos-field-boot

So far I think we are looking at the following makeup
Oak or Brown Grain uppers (need to see comparison pics but likely whatever is the darker of the two)
Mink Suede shaft
Flat welt (same as the stock field boot)
Edge color, same as whatever the current boot is I think would be best
4 eyelets and 4 speed hooks (same color as the current stock field boot, unless the group want something different)
Dainite stud soles might be leading the votes, Ridgeway might be another option but waiting on confirmation.

This Boot

One of these leather combos.

Interested members, need 8 to move forward.

@Burzan
@Burzan Friend
@patliean1
@kali77
@mdubya
@sdfzs
@wsop05
@bm93

Last edited:

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I do not have anything in Ridgeway but find Dainite very slippery on wet brick and tile.

Everything is slippery on wet tile. It's why they put warning signs up when they mop the floors in a mall. Those signs aren't just for Dainite. Crepe soles are probably best here (and on ice) but even then you have to watch your step.

bsmw

Reaction score

Everything is slippery on wet tile. It's why they put warning signs up when they mop the floors in a mall. Those signs aren't just for Dainite. Crepe soles are probably best here (and on ice) but even then you have to watch your step.

I find the GG wensum sole, EG R1 sole and even Topy on leather sole have much better traction than Dainite, not slippery even on wet tile floor.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Full vote for Dainite now lol

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Regarding the Carlos Santos sole options, these are the ones. I've never seen a Ridgeway-like option. I'll arrange for pictures of the Mink Suede next to Oak Grain, Brown Grain and Havana Grain early next week.

"Commando" - note that this option is only available in UK 6 to UK 10.5.

"Dainite"

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Just wanted to confirm that I'm still in for the EB longwing in Oak Tarnsjo and a Dainite sole is fine with me. I think it'll be a very impressive makeup. 363MOD works for me.
Alright friends, one last effort to pull this together before I commit to the chukkas. The following makeup would be my dream shoe. This shoe:
In this leather (Oak Tarnsjo):
On either a Dainite (my preference) or a Vibram topy (still good) sole. I'd defer to @Leaves or other Bonafe connoisseurs on the last, edging, et al. Who's in? So far I know @SteveL91 and myself. Anybody else?
This will be a fantastic make up, I hope we can get a couple of more interested so we can launch this. With a Dainite sole, I think a dark brown sole edge would look best.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member