• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with this. I am considering the pewter museum calf though as I think that would work as well as that leather would. My only hesitation is that the chiseled toe looks better than it feels...
I had the same thoughts about the chiseled toe as well. I was really hoping if I went with it that it would work for me because chiseled toe really looks fabulous.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks. I really like the idea of a chukka with Norvegese and a leather sole (maybe even with a beveled waist to really make it sleek), especially when it has the lama leather. I'm still trying to decide on either the Cola or Ebano.

I like the 946, 74945, and 804. My concern is because I have such a narrow foot. I have been talking to Gabriel and we are trying to figure out what would work for me. I'm about a US 14A or 14AA, which causes a lot of problems. The length is bad enough and then having that narrow foot makes it just about impossible. EB said they would try to work with me through Gabriel, with me being in the Philadelphia area and not being able to visit them in Italy. (Gabriel is truly a pleasure to work with!)
They were thinking that the 804 may be a better try for the first EB for me due to the lower instep, plus a chukka is more forgiving if it is a little too voluminous for my foot. I haven't seen the 804 on a chukka either but I did see it on the Jodhpur that Skoak has, which looks great.

EG tried to work with me and sent me a 13.5/14 B on the 202 which doesn't seem bad so far, but I just got them in and am working them in. 

Anyone have any thoughts? 

I know that most people usually have a problem with a wide foot, but I thought that the opposite side could be interesting for you guys to hear about.

Bonafe bespoke is only 2000 SEK more I say in your case you should probably plan your next vacation around visiting Bologna.

Gabriel is probably right, I did not know about your feet being 14A or AA that is really tough to fit.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I had the same thoughts about the chiseled toe as well. I was really hoping if I went with it that it would work for me because chiseled toe really looks fabulous.

What do you think about doing it in museum calf?

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bonafe bespoke is only 2000 SEK more I say in your case you should probably plan your next vacation around visiting Bologna.

Gabriel is probably right, I did not know about your feet being 14A or AA that is really tough to fit.

Yea I saw that it is but the problem is that I am in medical school and don't get off. I'm also going into a surgical residency and as you can imagine, I won't get much time off for travel during that time. I would love to get a chance soon to stop over in Italy.

I spoke to Enzo and he said that he can make a shoe in my length, but he would have to play around with my measurements to check the width. I don't know the exact details on that yet. I think they are closed for the week.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The supple leather is one reason why I really want it because if the shoe still is a little voluminous for my narrow foot, it probably won't show as much creasing.
That is great to know that others think it will be a nice combination.

What shoe combination did you choose instead?

I decided to go with an EG MTO I've been considering for long time. I've been wanting another suede and calf EG shoe. Something I could wear with jeans. I had been thinking about the Harrogate but after more serious consideration decided the Malvern was more my style. Once I got to this point I decided that the Chameleon Calf and Loren Suede would be a nice departure from the more typical offerings I had initially considered.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I love the chiseled toe too. It looks great.
Museum calf is one that i was thinking of, plus there are quite a few colors that really are fantastic. They can have so much depth to them.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I decided to go with an EG MTO I've been considering for long time. I've been wanting another suede and calf EG shoe. Something I could wear with jeans. I had been thinking about the Harrogate but after more serious consideration decided the Malvern was more my style. Once I got to this point I decided that the Chameleon Calf and Loren Suede would be a nice departure from the more typical offerings I had initially considered.

Good choice. I like the Malvern too. So you did you do it like a spectator? That will be really cool for jeans and you probably could try to push it with some other types of pants too.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

At some point it may, but Museum calf hasn't really grabbed my attention yet. Seems like it might be higher maintenance though, besides I really like the leather and color already pictured as is.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good choice. I like the Malvern too. So you did you do it like a spectator? That will be really cool for jeans and you probably could try to push it with some other types of pants too.

Yes sir, and I have a few other spectators already as well as a Galway in suede and leather. I really like the Suede and leather combination. Really kind of gives the boot or shoe another dimension so to speak, with different colors and textures.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes sir, and I have a few other spectators already as well as a Galway in suede and leather. I really like the Suede and leather combination. Really kind of gives the boot or shoe another dimension so to speak, with different colors and textures.

Yes I love that combo too. I actually have a pair of plain cap toe double monks that are set up in the spectator shoe style in dark blue for the leather and the suede. I haven't done it in a boot yet, but I will have to try it eventually.

I think it looks great in the EB button boots too. Especially leather and suede or even the leather with peccary or grain on the shaft.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes I love that combo too. I actually have a pair of plain cap toe double monks that are set up in the spectator shoe style in dark blue for the leather and the suede. I haven't done it in a boot yet, but I will have to try it eventually.

I think it looks great in the EB button boots too. Especially leather and suede or even the leather with peccary or grain on the shaft.
EG Galways are fabulous looking in this particular configuration, and there are so many various different ways that work so well together.

Last edited:

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
EG Galways are fabulous looking in this particular configuration, and there are so many various different ways that work so well together.

You're right. it seems that the galway is close to the perfect boot to work on the combinations.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're right. it seems that the galway is close to the perfect boot to work on the combinations.

and the shannon of course.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It will work very well. I recall a chiseled toe chukka with norvegese that Rider did (through a top italian maker, can't recall which) -- not museum but very deeply burnished. Those Enzos on 946 made me think of them immediately and I've considered whether to order a pair with chain Norvegese in museum of one shade or another.

Last edited:

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It will work very well. I recall a chiseled toe chukka with norvegese that Rider did (through a top italian maker, can't recall which) -- not museum but very deeply burnished. Those Enzos on 946 made me think of them immediately and I've considered whether to order a pair with chain Norvegese in museum of one shade or another.

Wow so there may be a few of us sharing photos of similar shoes on here. So you were thinking 946 chukka with chain norvegese in museum? Which museum were you thinking? a dark one like plum or one of the lighter brown shades?

Was the one that Rider did from his own company or another company?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics