• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd possibly be down for a remake of the StC or the RogerP MTO. Would prefer a different last like the 804 or 062.

The StC boot last looks like the Bonafé 363 MOD last.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd possibly be down for a remake of the StC or the RogerP MTO. Would prefer a different last like the 804 or 062.

The StC boot last looks like the Bonafé 363 MOD last.

I can't directly compare all of them, but I think my St. C. is more aggressively chiseled than either the Bonafe 363 MOD or the Bonafe 976.

medium800.jpg

Silent Speaker

Reaction score
Sorry to bother the thread, but I was hoping to canvass some sizing info on the Carmina Detroit last as I'm looking at that last pair of cognac shell derbies Skoak's got and wondering if they'll fit me.

I take an 8.5 in the Viberg 2030, Tricker's 4497s, Alden Barrie and Trubalance. Generally thicker socks with the two former, thinner with the two latter.

Would an 8.5 in the Carmina detroit be too long for me? (too narrow?). I'm a 9E (right) and 8.5D/E(left) on the brannock if that's any help.

I'm afraid I have no prior experience with Carmina lasts.

Anyone else care to share what they take in these lasts?

Thanks!

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Too big. You are likely an 8 and may even be able to do a 7.5

But there is also no way I could wear the same size in 2030 and 4497. 4497 is a half or full size bigger for me

Silent Speaker

Reaction score
I feared as much. Oh well. Thanks guys.

Too big. You are likely an 8 and may even be able to do a 7.5

But there is also no way I could wear the same size in 2030 and 4497. 4497 is a half or full size bigger for me

Well I'm sure I could take an 8 in the 2030 as they are a little bit long on me to be honest. The 8.5 was taken because wanted to err on the side of caution, being unfamiliar with Viberg's sizing at the time. It was winter, and I was wearing thicker socks. Still, I don't mind the relative looseness in summer. A half sze too large and they're still my most comfortable boots.

The 8.5 UK in the Tricker's are as low as I'd want to go though - an 8 in those and my toes would probably be cramped right at the end of the boots, heels were enormous however.

^ 8.5 is likely to be huge on you. You'd want an 8 or possibly a 7.5.

I'm leaning on the 8 I think. I've accumulated too many pairs of footwear of late where I have wished for a little more room in the toes. That right foot needs a little more space in the toe box, lest the big toe scrape on the roof. I've often thought that a tall toeboxed Alt-Wien style shoe is best for me.

I am assuming that the Tricker's or perhaps the Viberg's are the widest compared to the Detroit. But where does the Barrie fit on this scale? I would assume that the Barrie is still wider than the Detroit, but obviously cannot say for sure.

fairlynerdy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Speaking of your photos (which I btw think are very good quality) I can't help think there's always a photo of the shoe from above missing, where one can see the silhouette of the last. While not the most sexy of perspectives it's nevertheless the perspective you will see ones you start wearing them. But that's just a suggestion :)

It's a tough shot to get right if you want a close-up picture, a small change in the angle of the shot can make the shoes look either overly elongated or fat. Pics of the Bonafé wholecut on Google Image search, for example, are very different. I think the last (the 946?) is tough to photograph because of the chisel.

That being said, I pretty much always search for overheard shots of the shoes in interested in. So would love more of them if Skoak wrote so inclined! ;)

Shouldaville

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever been this excited getting a black shoe. Whatever order spec was off made them perfect for me. Thanks for listing Skoak!

Hello

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads