• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What sizes did you go with? Hope there was a hidden Beaulieu for you!

Prices went up already :(

6. Honestly I knew you were going to pickup the 6.5 so I considered buying them earlier since I knew I could sell them to you if they didn't fit. However i didn't like having heel slip on the hoves so I went smaller. It's closer to glove like.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm off to bed. You guys go crazy over the G&G, I did not have the energy to price increase these this evening. Will do it tomorrow.
mwink[1].gif

What sizes did you go with? Hope there was a hidden Beaulieu for you!

Prices went up already
frown.gif

Not on G&G yet.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

6. Honestly I knew you were going to pickup the 6.5 so I considered buying them earlier since I knew I could sell them to you if they didn't fit. However i didn't like having heel slip on the hoves so I went smaller. It's closer to glove like.
twinsies! Hope you get the right fit! The Sinatras should be amazing! I just couldn't get myself to buy EG or G&G in black... I love the burnishing too much and will save the black wholecut for Vass' new last :)

Was on the fence on buying trees, oh well, that solved my thinking...

Last edited:

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hear you, honestly I don't wear suits a lot so I have little use for black but I'm slowly getting over my hatred for wearing black, especially during the evening. Also, to be honest, I don't think I've ever seen a wholecut that looked better than the Sinatra and it didn't seem like any other color was more appropriate for a wholecut than Black. Just love the shape and 6 eyelets. If I got something else I'd want to upgrade later on anyway so it's worth the 200 premium to me to get what I really want.

Lol well be twins on a lot of shoes. Shannon, galway, dover, Beaulieu.

Last edited:

fllick

Reaction score
That's a very good price, I'd either be in on this order or the other carmina MTO in cxl. Mostly will come down to price, as I really think either boot will be gorgeous. The speed hooks will be the shiny brass that's pictured?

Edit:I would also prefer to see commando soles instead of danite, but again if the price is lower for this order I'D be in either way.
Edit2:does that include shipping to the US or is shipping extra?
It probably will be the same for the speed hooks. my jumper boots from skoak were the same. As for the soles, I'm guessing the majority will prefer the single dainite as it is more of a dress boot. And shipping to the US would be an extra of 300 SEK.

Might be interested in joining this if you go with dark brown museum. One thing though, do we know where Carmina stock their museum calf from? I'm asking since I know that Bonaudos museum is not good in wet conditions at all (easily stained by water) due to the way they treat the leather. Ilceas museum is better for rain. Those are the only two I own shoes of and have experience with, don't know how Haas or Zonta and other's are with this. Since it's a boot I'd like it to take rain and ****** weather in a decent way.
This is a really good question honestly. Could the awesome guys @Skoaktiebolaget enlighten us on this. Thanks!

Last edited:

fllick

Reaction score
I would like to propose a gmto for the Carmina 80092 balmoral boot on the elusive Robert last.

I'll email Skoaktiebolaget once we reach 6 interested members.

Currently interested members:

For museum: @laufer @itraxx ,
For Dark Brown: @appoooh
Members who don't mind either colour (I'm assuming): @fllick , @JARB , @Dieg0

Potentially interested members:

@j ingevaldsson , @aglose , @appoooh (depending on pictures or tannery of museum calf or maybe not at al)

Interested members please quote and add your name in.Thank you.

Price: 3120 sek for either brown calf or brown museum calf.
Specs: 80092 balmoral boot
eyelets: 10: 6 blind 4 speed hooks
colour: dark brown, museum calf (I'm fine with either and will go with the majority)
Soles: Dainite rubber soles

The boot looks like this

photo from skoak. 80092 in robert last

in this colour

or this colour

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

To parse the last few pages, there will be a brown calf bal boot with single dainite sole. Will there also be a brown calf and snuff suede bal?

Perhaps that one could have a leather sole?

So how many members are interested in Rober last boot in dark brown calf shaft and dark brown suede on leather soles?

toblov

Reaction score
So, we are looking at a Carmina model 80092 in Vegano Marron on the Robert last, with a Snuff Suede shaft and on a single Dainite sole? Very similar to this archived Skoaktiebolaget stock model? Please e-mail [email protected] with your SF nick, PayPal e-mail and UK size in Robert and we'll try and organize this GMTO ASAP. We have been wanting to restock this make up anyway so it will be a great project.

I would be in on this on a rubber sole. Whats the status of the GMTO?

Swede66

Reaction score

Might be interested in joining this if you go with dark brown museum. One thing though, do we know where Carmina stock their museum calf from? I'm asking since I know that Bonaudos museum is not good in wet conditions at all (easily stained by water) due to the way they treat the leather. Ilceas museum is better for rain. Those are the only two I own shoes of and have experience with, don't know how Haas or Zonta and other's are with this. Since it's a boot I'd like it to take rain and ****** weather in a decent way.

I might be in as well. Would also like to know if it is Ilcea's museum calf or not before deciding.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This indeed is very good question and I would like an answer too.

zarkov

Reaction score
@Skoaktiebolaget Do you have any photos to show what brown the upcoming Carmina suede double monks are? Are they as dark as these from The Nordic Fit (also on the Inca last)?

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Been meaning to buy the tobacco Carmina chukka for ever and now their gone. Looks like the impending price increase threw everyone into a buying frenzy...

Squire

Reaction score
Just picked up my Carmina balmoral boots from SkoAB! At first try they feel wonderful, much softer than I expected them to be.

I do however prefer the previous colour scheme more than this one; there was more of a contrast between the calf and grain on the older version. To remedy this, I'm thinking about trying to make the grain darker on my boots and that brings my to the following question: what polish do you guys recommend (from Burgol)? Dark brown, black?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads