• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ It's because it's boot season right around the corner. Even if we place orders now, we'll still miss out on all of Autumn for the new boots.

Yep, that's kind of backwards but then again for most here I would imagine they still have what they need to get through the season.

For the most part I think I've gotten better at timing my purchases so I get them at the right time. With others however I just get them whenever the opportunity becomes available.

However I look at most of the shoes or boots I purchase lasting a long time so it really doesn't matter too much when I get them as long as I do my best to get keepers. I think I'm doing a lot better at this lately.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

I feel you, I too have no real need for oxfords right now, so I'm looking at only derbies, monks, & chukkas at the moment...

My buddy Ryden pointed out the Harrogate to me the other day and I just got reminded of when I checked out BB's site. This may be moved up the list before the Ullswater.

Actually, Ryden, You pointed out the Derwent to me.

Last edited:

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes. Harrogate is nice but a bit too sleek for my tastes. I am surprised the Derwent does not get mentioned more as I think it is great looking.

I was quite torn between Ullswater and Derwent for my Brandy Willow MTO

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes. Harrogate is nice but a bit too sleek for my tastes. I am surprised the Derwent does not get mentioned more as I think it is great looking.

I was quite torn between Ullswater and Derwent for my Brandy Willow MTO

Derwent is a great model. I would go with Derwent in Brandy Willow.

FranceT

Reaction score
Not to take away any exclusivity, but the tannery group Vecchia Toscana who bought Ilcea's bankrupt's estate didn't just buy the name, they bought the whole factory and all recipes, and has continued with mainly the same staff. So the Turin tannery Ilcea do still exist, just with new owner.

However they have slimmed their offerings, and don't sell Willow grain now (at least not ATM), so these EG-pairs still will be very rare. And it's a bloody gorgeous leather!
Thank you Jesper for the precise explanation of the today's Ilcea.

Francesco from Ilcea Tannery

smoothie1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So the real question for @FranceT about the revived Ilcea is whether we can expect to see Willow Calf and Heather Gorse (Zug) leather in their future production? Thanks.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

So the real question for @FranceT
 about the revived Ilcea is whether we can expect to see Willow Calf and Heather Gorse (Zug) leather in their future production?  Thanks.  

For some reason I understood from the tone of Leave's post about Zug, Willow and the tannery was that it wasn't a question of the leather being produced, but more that EG would not be buying from them any longer. I could be wrong, but that was the impression I got.

FranceT

Reaction score
For some reason I understood from the tone of Leave's post about Zug, Willow and the tannery was that it wasn't a question of the leather being produced, but more that EG would not be buying from them any longer. I could be wrong, but that was the impression I got.
EG is a very loyal customer of Ilcea and it is returned to buy many of the leather they use from us; probably they are not intentioned to use in this moment Willow or Zug calf.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

EG is a very loyal customer of Ilcea and it is returned to buy many of the leather they use from us; probably they are not intentioned to use in this moment Willow or Zug calf. 

Thank you for the clarification!

iznljca

Reaction score
Blast from the past: I forgot I'd even ordered them (nope, I didn't).
These are Isham in Oak hatch grain, MH71 sz. 9E, on Dainite (obviously). Socks are Bresciani from Mes Chaussettes Rouges.

Thank you Gabriel and Patrik for help with design and for exemplary customer service.

AlexG33

Reaction score
Just arrived from the fine folks at Skoaktiebolaget, great service!

A quick question, I would like to give some patina on the leather, what would you suggest? Purple? Blue? Leave it alone?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads