• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Site Topics - Part II

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see no ads, and the site is phenomenal.
The classifieds though??
Don't get me started.

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've said it before and I will say it again - the website would be better off with no ads at all (and maybe even default XenForo theme that isn't bastardised by "styling").

@admin, you reckon donations won't cover the server costs? Forum of this size would fit on ~20$/month VPS easily. Happy to help if you'd like.
I’ve been a member here since 2006, and I still visit regularly. But I’m really close to giving up based on the ads. I pay my monthly dues like a good boy, but the ads are fuckin’ awful. Almost worse than the idiotic censoring of cursing. The site is generally unreadable on mobile either through slow loading or just the amount of real estate they take up.

There’s a screen capture from my iPad. Video ad in the corner. Full page ad, so I see no content. Footer ad that is relatively new and just horrible when on your phone.

I mean, I appreciate what people do for this site, but, Jesus. Do better.

Attachments

• IMG_0064.png
    IMG_0064.png
    612.8 KB · Views: 127

admin

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
I’ve been a member here since 2006, and I still visit regularly. But I’m really close to giving up based on the ads. I pay my monthly dues like a good boy, but the ads are fuckin’ awful. Almost worse than the idiotic censoring of cursing. The site is generally unreadable on mobile either through slow loading or just the amount of real estate they take up.

There’s a screen capture from my iPad. Video ad in the corner. Full page ad, so I see no content. Footer ad that is relatively new and just horrible when on your phone.

I mean, I appreciate what people do for this site, but, Jesus. Do better.
Sorry about that. We’ve reported it.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sorry about that. We’ve reported it.
Great i mean it isn't like people have been reporting this for months or anything

ppk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this, and if not point me in the right direction.

Does it help you (site admins) for us to report spam or do you have some algorithm that detects it?
  1. If you do want us to report it, can you please remove the rate limiter?
  2. I can't report two spam posts within some time period (seems to be 20 seconds).

admin

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this, and if not point me in the right direction.

Does it help you (site admins) for us to report spam or do you have some algorithm that detects it?
  2. I can't report two spam posts within some time period (seems to be 20 seconds).
It helps to a point. The rate limiter for it is tied to the posting limiter, and is site wide, so the rate limiter is also limiting get spammers from posting as much as they could. So mark a few, and we will get to them as soon as we’re able.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

FWIW, if you see multiple spams from the same account just report one of them, no need to report them all.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FWIW, if you see multiple spams from the same account just report one of them, no need to report them all.
If I have to watch one account rack up 10-18 posts of spam without it coming down, I like to pay the annoyance forward.

SKS

Reaction score
Situation with the spam is frankly ridiculous, just reported another one.

Add some Captchas, put the website behind Cloudflare WAF or similar; whatever works.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
If I have to watch one account rack up 10-18 posts of spam without it coming down, I like to pay the annoyance forward.
While I fully support paying annoyance forward, if there are 10 reports for the same account, spaminating the one account takes care of all the other reported posts for that account so actually no additional annoyance to us.

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What does 'Watching' a post in the classifieds do? How can I see all the ones I've watched? They don't show up in the 'Watched threads' page.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads