• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Chan

Jsoftz

Reaction score
Just got a two new suits in that I had previously been asking about here, both in Dugdale cloth. Here is the first one with some shots taken fresh out the box. First a typical SF bathroom shot and then some my girlfriend took when she got home. Also I got some new Thurston braces in the mail the same day, so though I'd try those out, too.

For reference this is my 3rd/4th suit from Chan. I have posted my very first suit here previously. Shirt is also brand new from CEGO, my first from Carl.

Also the angle on one of these shots looks makes me look even shorter than I am (I am 5'6").

lovelux2010

Reaction score
hello gents, just received a Hardy Minnis 9-10oz fresco ii 0511. pictures..

On my other commissions, I requested more classic tailoring, however on this commission I asked Patrick to move a bit more towards a modern cut - slimmer legs, lower rise, slightly shorter jacket. overall, i am finding people think i look "younger" in this new cut. the jacket is similar to my previous commissions, however the trousers seem to really change the overall asthetic. i was very reluctant to move away from the classic cut Patrick nailed down for me, but perhaps its time to move a little with the times! i suppose i can always have wider trousers in time, the jackets will age very well i think.

anyways, bit of a rant..but at 34 and relatively young looking, i think i was spending too much time on style forum trying to nail down the very classic cuts of the likes of Fred Astaire, Valentino etc...
but in the end, I feel the larger trousers actually make me look like a boy in a mans suit to some extent - not the young look i am going for. I have seen some posts on the likes of London Lounge that seem to illustrate how the Duke looks more substantial in large trousers rather than the slim ones of his younger days, but on myself the opposite seems to hold true. i'm 5'8 and about 155 pounds (fairly slim but moving towards an athletic build with the gym) - so i have to be careful - anything too exaggerated seems to really show on my frame.

anyways enough about all this. i wanted to ask for some help on my next commissions. perhaps will help to cover the items i already have..
- JJ Minnis 0317 flannel suit and extra trousers: 16.5 oz
- One dark grey H. Lesser 13oz suit
- One light grey JJ Minnis Flannel Trousers 0200: 14oz
- Holland and Sherry Grey Blazer
- Grey trousers 0328: 12-13oz
- Brown Minnis 0307 blazer with 3 patch pockets
- Blue Fox Flannels one ticket pocket and 2 patch pockets

Overcoat
I was thinking to get an overcoat. Given i seem to be wearing increasingly casual clothing, perhaps something in grey? suggestions welcome!

dinner jacket and trousers
some (thank you Vox) recommended a black from the Thomas Fisher book, from Dugdale. Blacker than some others it seems. i wanted something medium to heavy (want it to wear well) - single breasted, peak lapelled. satin or grosgrain? wanted black silk along the trousers seam..

anyways - way longer a post than i imagined thanks for any help.

Last edited:

David1028

Reaction score
Hello Gents, recently received 2 commissions from Chan, with slightly different configurations. The first is a 3 piece Zegna trofeo sharkskin and the 2nd a 2 piece Harrisons light grey prince of wales with blue overcheck. I have asked for slightly wider lapels and lower buttoning position on the 2 piece.

Need to get the sleeve length fixed as they are uneven, any comments and observations welcomed. Thanks!

David

KellySolari

Reaction score
Hello Gents, recently received 2 commissions from Chan, with slightly different configurations. The first is a 3 piece Zegna trofeo sharkskin and the 2nd a 2 piece Harrisons light grey prince of wales with blue overcheck. I have asked for slightly wider lapels and lower buttoning position on the 2 piece.

Need to get the sleeve length fixed as they are uneven, any comments and observations welcomed. Thanks!

David

Very nice suits!

Just one observation: seems to be minor puckering on your right shoulder near the sleevehead?

naukie

Reaction score

David

Looks great David, love the cut and fit. Congrats on the very nice suits

David1028

Reaction score
Thanks guys appreciate your comments and observations! will try to get the puckering around the shoulders fixed

lovelux2010

Reaction score
hello gents, how much should i be paying ww chan for a trouser alteration (shortening). just wanted to get some trousers shortened and wondered if any of you had experience..thanks

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

hello gents, how much should i be paying ww chan for a trouser alteration (shortening). just wanted to get some trousers shortened and wondered if any of you had experience..thanks

If you're not based in Hong Kong, wouldn't it be simpler to have a local alterations tailor attend to this? This is such a simple operation that any halfway competent alterations tailor ought to be able to perform it with ease at modest cost. I think the charge at my local cleaners is $15 (U.S.).

If you are insistent on having Chan make the alteration, you could e-mail them to inquire about the price.

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello Gents, recently received 2 commissions from Chan, with slightly different configurations. The first is a 3 piece Zegna trofeo sharkskin and the 2nd a 2 piece Harrisons light grey prince of wales with blue overcheck. I have asked for slightly wider lapels and lower buttoning position on the 2 piece. Need to get the sleeve length fixed as they are uneven, any comments and observations welcomed. Thanks! David
Very nice suits! Just one observation: seems to be minor puckering on your right shoulder near the sleevehead?
In regards to shoulder divots: http://putthison.com/post/7215023321/collar-gaps-shoulder-divots-an-explanation Better yet, read JeffreyD's explanation: http://www.styleforum.net/t/151698/divot-terror

Last edited:

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone who ordered in NYC in early August received their order(s) yet? I'm still waiting, which seems longer than usual...

Last edited:

tkte3tu

Reaction score
I still haven't received my August order, either. I actually put in an email to Fiona about a week ago, but still haven't heard what the status is. Chan told me when I ordered I should expect something in November, so I'm not too worried, though I agree it's on the late side.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still haven't received my August order, either. I actually put in an email to Fiona about a week ago, but still haven't heard what the status is. Chan told me when I ordered I should expect something in November, so I'm not too worried, though I agree it's on the late side.

Just got mine! Two jackets...Yay!!

fox81

Reaction score
Can people advise on their most recent pricing with Chan?
2 piece in Minnis Fresco?

Otherwise anything else you've ordered

AlexE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The latest quotes I received for a 3-piece suit ranged from approx. US$2600 - 3200 depending on the fabric (the cheapest was a basic Holland & Sherry Classic Worsteds, the most expensive was a Scabal Super 100s). Harrisons Premier Cru (also a Super 100s) was somewhere in between at approx. US$2900. Hence prices depend extremely on the selected fabric and it would be best if you simply shoot them an email, which they typically answer within a few days. Also note that these prices were applicable for fall 2014 and it is quite possible that things have changed (and change usually means increase).

So Chan's prices keep catching up with those of North American or European tailors. Of course, there is still some way to go to , but it will be interesting to watch at which point the price differential will be too small to justify a long-distance relationship with a quality tailor over having an equally capable tailor "around the corner", where you can easily go for fittings, changes and discussion new commissions.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads