1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Should I tailor?

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by white collar, Sep 13, 2016.

1. white collar

white collar Well-Known Member

Hi folks,
    I recently nabbed a killer deal on a NWT Isaia blue blazer, I'm a size 38 the blazer I bought is a size 40. It's actually smaller in every area except the chest than my size 38 Isaias. The jacket has not had the buttons attached to the sleeve (which I knew) but after seeing that the chest was about 1.5in bigger than mentioned in the listing my question is this. Do I pay $200-300 to a taylor to have functional sleeve buttons added and taylor the jacket down to my size? Or do I flip it and make a few hundred dollars and write it off as a loss?

2. breakaway01

breakaway01 Well-Known Member

Take it to a tailor you trust and ask for their opinion.