• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

click here

Reaction score

Converse X Hancock VA Jack Purcell Mid. Chateau Grey.
They're waterproof...made of rubber

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

They didn't have the Cutler and Gross that I wanted to try on. What about these Barton Perreiras?

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone own the standard schott perfecto (ie not made in the us) . Would be nice with a leather jacket, but unsure about the perfecto style, abit over the top perhaps..

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

They didn't have the Cutler and Gross that I wanted to try on. What about these Barton Perreiras?

donno where you focused or if your hand was shaking but it looks a bit blurry. i don't care for the color (edit: personal pref) but the fit on your face looks pretty good from what i can see so if that was the criteria then get it

Last edited:

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Go for it! Iron Heart are great jeans and I've had my 21oz Kurabo jeans for 2 years, so they'll last much longer than lighter weight denims.. They start off stiff but soon loosen up Mine are my favourite jeans - I'm currently having a 19oz pair made that I hope will last for years too!:)

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm just curious where/how you'd wear jeans that heavy?

Aren't they hot as hell to wear? Or is the weave 'loose' enough that they're comfy up to the low 70's?

einstine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm just curious where/how you'd wear jeans that heavy?

Aren't they hot as hell to wear? Or is the weave 'loose' enough that they're comfy up to the low 70's?

If you have ever worn heavy denim over at least 17 ounces and actually broke them in they are amazing and make light weight denim feel like trash. People over on the IH forum even wear them in summer, some dudes even have 21oz cut offs there that dedicated to heavy denim. In reality as long as your skin is not sensitive you'll be pleased with the quality and appreciate the weight.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got 21oz Iron Hearts around the time I joined SF. I couldn't stand them and moved them on. It would have taken me three lifetimes to break them in. It is really a niche product.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a pair of Iron Hearts that I wore for about a year. Broke them in pretty good and they had a nice soft hand to them at the end, but they were still noticeably thick in a suffocating way. Definitely one of the most solidly built pieces of clothing I've had though, I'd want to wear them if I drove a motorcycle or something

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads