• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoppping in London

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
No London experience is complete without Selfridges.

And even though the shopping is great in London, I didn't buy a single thing there, all too expensive. All I did was look at stuff and then find it on ebay when I got home
frown.gif

Also (and closeby) Browns.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bengal-stripe
They have just opened a coffee shop in Burlington Arcade, corner of Piccadilly (the premises previously occupied by Peal Cashmere).

This is very good to know. What a delightful location for such an establishment.

Pim

Reaction score
Yep, if you're from the US I wouldn't buy anything at all if you're not in the market for some typical Savile Row items, everything is more expensive in London...

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pim
Yep, if you're from the US I wouldn't buy anything at all.....everything is more expensive in London...
What, not even buy a cup of coffee? That's more expensive as well.

JamesT

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pim
Yep, if you're from the US I wouldn't buy anything at all if you're not in the market for some typical Savile Row items, everything is more expensive in London...

Bah! I bought a bunch of useless things while I was in London...

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My top 10 or 20 0or maybe more:

John Lobb Jermyn street .....Nice sales team and lovely shoes
Thomas Pink: Still good/decent shirts a bit overpriced
T.Lewin: Interesting and must see shop

Bruton street:

Brioni: Superb building and a real shopping experience...
The suits are superb.....Money is an issue there....
T.Everest:MTM and bespoke suit ...Lovely shop with a shirt maker and a tailor....
A bit for everybody...Gordon Brown is one of their customers...

Savile Row:

Hunstman: Very pricey and a bit of history......A must see
R.James: Very trendy showbiz tailor....Bespoke starts from £2650 + vat....
H.Poole: the same story....Even more expensive
Anderson&Sheppard:A bit of history,a legend on the row....Very very pricey
Kilgour&French&Stanbury: Entry level bespoke £2300 Full bespoke ;Around £3000.Kilgour's is back to its best with showbiz and famous people buying their suits...
O.Boateng: Very very trendy suits with flashy linings....A must see to understand the Cool Britannia phenomenon...

Conduit street:

Berluti: A must see for their patina......Interesting models such as Demesure aroud £850........Alessandro model from £750....
JM WESTON: More affordable prices and still making the best classic loafers in the world....

New bond street:

Mulberry,Zegna,Chanel,Pal Zileri,Canali and others: Must see and visit...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads