• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

shoes for jeans

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wmmk
I'd like to eventually do a rotation of reddish-brown boat shoes for summer and brown wingtip boots for winter.

Anyway, I don't have neither the money nor the steeze (I don't want to change my style too abruptly--I feel that doing so might come off as contrived) for that right now.

Regardless, I'd like something nicer than my current New Balance 574's to wear with my APC NC's. Something that could last for a while in Chicago winters would be nice. I'm trying to get past this whole athletic-shoe-companies-making-faux-vintage-shoes trend, and have considered those brogued wingtip sneakers and more understated sneakers like the A.P.C. ones. While I'd like shoes with a slim profile, I have really flat feet and thus need both a moderate level of support (read: no canvas shoes) and space to slip in orthotics (read: the ability to rip out the insoles).

Other than the wingtip sneakers and the APC sneakers, any suggestions?

Well I've been on a generic man enjoyment phase lately (just bought another pair) and they're very sturdy. However what with your specific footbed requirements I would suggest some PF flyers, maybe the albin. They're understated, they come in various shades of leather (which beat back the elements well enough) and come with a cushy but also removable footbed. And they're not too expensive.

Trackstarr

Reaction score
Originally Posted by WoodyStylee
+1 for Creative Rec's being the most uncomfortable sneaker ever mass produced.
++1 ---->> I second that statement

kevinele7en

Reaction score
i stick with pretty narrow , slim sneakers... like converse or vans

to dress up a narrow slim dress shoe... like schmooves

Wrigglez

Reaction score
i usualy ware either my light blue converses (Hi top's) or my Onitsuka Tigers (white mexico 66's)
both have a bit of ware and it adds to the effect. when i go out, i wear the Tigers because they are leather and a little more proper than the converses.
however, dark blue jeans look really good with something like a brown/light tan RM williams boot (if the jeans are a boot cut i assume)
my 2 cents anyway.
btw i'm i'm not even 20 yet. so feel free to dispell all that i have said.
wrigg.

Eagle

Reaction score
Retro is in...think Penny Loafers!
wink.gif

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As I mentioned in a previous post, I'm looking for some brogued wingtip sneakers to wear with my New Cures. I'm in high school, so I don't want to look stuffy, but am also trying to avoid the ubiquitous athletic shoes with jeans look that is oh so common in H.S. Anyway, these will be my everyday shoes (I mean, I have trainers and oxfords and whatnot, but these'll be my only "streetwear" shoes), so I could use something that works with the NC's, a brown belt, and just about any kind/color of shirt you can think of. So, with all that said, which do you like better:
generic-man-surplus-11.jpg
-or-
Picture4.jpg
Thanks, wmmk

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kookydooky
What are those brown ones?

They're "To the Point," which I think is the Urban Outfitters house brand ripoff of Schmoove.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CityConnection
How about lacoste shoes? What are everyones thoughts on them? I have a few pairs and they are fairly comfortable...

I got a pair of green suede with gum rubber off of slickdeals for what ended up being around $3 ($30 but zappos forgot to overnight them so they gave me a gift certificate for the value of overnight shipping--$27).

I have been wearing them reasonably hard for a few years now and I love them. They have held up well despite getting soaked many times and the sole is wearing very slowly. I wouldn't have paid anywhere near retail for them (especially considering the label) but I am very glad I got them and would happily pay $30 for them again.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads