• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shell Cordovan Wallet Pron

Deusis

Reaction score
A few recent projects...

This is Horween Unglazed Natural Shell Cordovan that I dyed and finished myself. I call the color "Burnt Sienna". It has beautiful brown and slight red tones depending on the light. Handstitched with Japanese waxed thread.

Horween Garnet Shell Cordovan exterior with Natural Dublin Horsehide interior. Hand stitched with waxed red thread. This ended up being a beautiful combination.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A few recent projects... This is Horween Unglazed Natural Shell Cordovan that I dyed and finished myself. I call the color "Burnt Sienna". It has beautiful brown and slight red tones depending on the light. Handstitched with Japanese waxed thread. Horween Garnet Shell Cordovan exterior with Natural Dublin Horsehide interior. Hand stitched with waxed red thread. This ended up being a beautiful combination.
I like the burnt sienna. Nice job!

deluze84

Reaction score
I am quite stuck on the idea of a wallet that is essentially the bottom half of the FH. I may message the Ashland gentlemen and see what they say.

deluze84

Reaction score
A few recent projects...

This is Horween Unglazed Natural Shell Cordovan that I dyed and finished myself. I call the color "Burnt Sienna". It has beautiful brown and slight red tones depending on the light. Handstitched with Japanese waxed thread.

Horween Garnet Shell Cordovan exterior with Natural Dublin Horsehide interior. Hand stitched with waxed red thread. This ended up being a beautiful combination.

Wow @Deusis that burnt siena is absolutely brilliant! Your work is phenomenal!

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@Deusis this is a really nice design. I think it would work well for someone who wants as minimalistic a wallet as possible without switching to a card case.

https://www.guardedgoods.com/collec...on-whiskey-shell-cordovan-test-bifold-pattern

Last edited:

deluze84

Reaction score
One week of use on my personal Horween Unglazed Natural Shell Cordovan "test pattern" bifold. This particular bifold is not hand stitched but is machine stitched with #138 natural thread. I am particularly proud of the cleanliness on both sides of it. I am almost to the point where I am comfortable commercially selling my machine stitched products.

All these photos are taken on a piece of unused, clean Unglazed Natural Shell for comparison.

Brilliant work! I did not know Horween produced unglazed shell. Might have to grab something in this leather. Is this wallet like the one @classicsaphic posted? Looks a tad bit different to my eye but I'm not quite sure.....

classicsaphic

Reaction score
@deluze84 This is the first version of the modified money clip design and it is awesome. The dimensions are slightly different than the one I have-- it's slightly shorter and can fit a good amount of bills but not too many or the cash will stick up out of the top. It is really awesome and if you want a minimal carry and don't carry too many bills (and I'm taking like 7+ in my experience) then this is an awesome option.

Last edited:

DavidLeigh

Reaction score

I'm pretty sure that is normal. My non-reversed Bugs Moran has similar sanding marks from the shell rubbing together while in my pocket. You should be able to take some Venetian Cream and the smooth side of a spoon to those scratches if they bother you though.

dfwcowboy

Reaction score
Looks like some of the posters here have a few of the Ashland wallets. I'm curious as to what people think of them after they have some wear. I ordered the Johnny the Fox, in 100% black shell with reverse interior.

Matty123

Reaction score
Looks like some of the posters here have a few of the Ashland wallets. I'm curious as to what people think of them after they have some wear. I ordered the Johnny the Fox, in 100% black shell with reverse interior.

I have a Bugs Moran Bi fold color 8 reverse interior. I couldn't be happier with it. Ive had it for 3 months and it gets better every day. great quality and construction, which isn't a given when it comes to expensive leather goods. rest easy, you're going to enjoy the wallet.

classicsaphic

Reaction score
Wanted to share a really awesome gift that was given to me by my buddy J Michael a couple of days ago! This is his Mini Bifold and its been a real joy to carry so far. It's got an italian shell cordovan exterior and a veg tan interior and is decorated with double stitching. I've been switching between this and my Guarded Goods Stronghold for the last couple of weeks and its been really awesome to have the higher capacity of a bifold without all the bulk that usually comes with them. I'm not sure I could go back to using a card case exclusively at this point! Also, check out the brightness of this burgundy shell! Really quite a difference compared to color 8--reminds me of my Ashland garnet key case almost. :)

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member