• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SF Fantasy Baseball League 2009

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steve B.
I'll be happy if I win this week, but just as happy to see you knocked out of first place.
If I beat you, and remain in first place, you aren't going to go **** your wrists or anything are you? I mean, regardless of what you say, I'm still going to beat you, and in doing so - likely stay in first place... but I'll be concerned. I might even call the cops to show up to your house in the middle of the night sometime. I have your address, you know...
smile.gif
How's that salmon taste NOW????

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Steven B,
Why do you suck so bad at fantasy baseball again?
You need to come up with some new excuses. Your old ones are tired.
Enjoy eating my dust.

Sincerely,
Slim

(P.S. what kind of pie do you like? Whatever it is, shove some in your pie-hole and pick better players next year)

smile.gif

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Ecchhh...

I could say I beat myself because I sat 3 players who had big days, but I only would have won three more categories.

Next time I play you the results will be different.

My team WILL jell, and yours will go straight to hell...

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Its ok Steve, I'm not perfect either.

My bench went 7-8 today w/ 2 runs, an RBI, a double, and a steal...

Just goes to show you though, that I can still half-ass and beat you convincingly though.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Its ok Steve, I'm not perfect either.

My bench went 7-8 today w/ 2 runs, an RBI, a double, and a steal...

Just goes to show you though, that I can still half-ass and beat you convincingly though
I had Francoeur on the bench when he hit 2 HRs and had 7RBI.

Anyway- it's one week Tiny Slim.

We'll see who's looking up at whom come Sept./Oct.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I had Francoeur on the bench when he hit 2 HRs and had 7RBI.
So... what? It wouldn't have made a difference.
smile.gif
You would have been closer, (maybe less embarrasing for you) but you still would have lost both those categories. I beat you pretty easily. Its 13-3 and the stats (especially pitching) aren't even that close. Oh, and I'm still first in the standings for the moment. Team 1234567 is going to give me a really good matchup next week though, I can't not pay attention and still trounce them like I can with you. I might even lose next week and drop in the rankings... Anyways, its about as fun playing you as it is beating up the special ed students, you talk a big game, but are impotent as always when it comes down to the actual challenge.
We'll see who's looking up at whom come Sept./Oct.
Steve... still holding on to hope that you can defy history and do something you've never done in three years of trying. It's admirable, but your team is weak now, and it will be weak and injured in September. You have ONE DECENT PITCHER. You can't win any league like that, Especially a league that I'm in. I am better than you and always have been. You better hope some waiver pitcher has a breakout year, or you can make a trade with someone REALLY stupid. Your team needs help bad. You might not even crack the top half of the standings by years end the way its going so far...

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Steve... still holding on to hope that you can defy history and do something you've never done in three years of trying. It's admirable, but your team is weak now, and it will be weak and injured in September. You have ONE DECENT PITCHER. You can't win any league like that, Especially a league that I'm in. I am better than you and always have been. You better hope some waiver pitcher has a breakout year, or you can make a trade with someone REALLY stupid. Your team needs help bad. You might not even crack the top half of the standings by years end the way its going so far...
Ummm...I have Webb AND Chris Young, douchebag. You have Sabathia, who sucks so far this year, Shields who will get hurt, and Aaron Harang, who never was much good anyway. You're getting LUCKY with your closers- they won't keep up the pace.

AND I'm the one who picked up Carmona and Tulo last year. And rode Freddy Sanchez through his hot streak. Only thing I missed was Garret Anderson's 6HR/20RBI streak which cost me 1st in another league. You remember- one of the ones I invited you to join but you were too much of a p***y.

Bannister had as good a day today as Oliver Perez had a bad one. I love Lincecum- but he AND Bannister pitch for last place teams.

Don't think you'll be sittin so pretty even a month from now.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Ummm...I have Webb AND Chris Young, douchebag. You have Sabathia, who sucks so far this year, Shields who will get hurt, and Aaron Harang, who never was much good anyway. You're getting LUCKY with your closers- they won't keep up the pace. AND I'm the one who picked up Carmona and Tulo last year. And rode Freddy Sanchez through his hot streak. Only thing I missed was Garret Anderson's 6HR/20RBI streak which cost me 1st in another league. You remember- one of the ones I invited you to join but you were too much of a p***y. Bannister had as good a day today as Oliver Perez had a bad one. I love Lincecum- but he AND Bannister pitch for last place teams. Don't think you'll be sittin so pretty even a month from now.
I don't expect to beat everyone in the league. I just expect to beat you. Your team is weak. You have no idea what you are talking about, and its obvious. So I'm not going to debate our rosters any more, you haven't got anything but wrongheaded opinions unsupported by facts.
smile.gif
Enjoy your mediocrity.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
If I'm mediocre, which I might be, you are truly awful. Since you are clearly historically worse than me. You have never beaten me. You have never really even been that close. Just keep that in mind when your superiority complex starts acting up again. You have never beat me. EVER. And I doubt you ever will, because you are just not very smart. I'm still laughing heartily at your assertion that Aaron Harang was "never much good"... Seriously, one of the most ignorant things I've ever heard out of anyone who's played Fantasy Baseball. Sorry if being one of the most consistent upper tier fantasy pitchers in the league, 230+ innings 200+ strikeouts, and 16 wins a year doesn't live up to your standards. He's better than Chris Young in most of the statistics we score by. By a lot. Its quite obvious who the fool is here, and it ain't me.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Lifetime Harang is 63-49 with a 4.15 ERA. In 06 he threw 6 complete games, which would lead any NORMAL person to wonder when that will catch up with him and question his durability (including the 230 innings the last 2 years). Can you say Jason Schmidt or Chris Carpenter, Slim?

Chris Young, on the other hand, is a rising star with lots of upside:

About the winning percentage, but much lower ERA, younger, and higher K/9.

Hernandez throws lots of innings, but is a pudgy career under achiever with a .500 record and a 2 point K/9.

Bannister looks great SO FAR this year, but he has a low K/9, and pitches for the Royals.

Lincecum looked great his first few starts last year, then faded fast with an ERA of around 5.

Shields ain't bad- he's a good pick. I'll give you that.

You're right. Debating rosters is useless.

You've got your head start. Let's see what you do with it.

Oh yeah- Oliver Perez is another good pick. I was gonna take him the round you got him.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Lifetime Harang is 63-49 with a 4.15 ERA. In 06 he threw 6 complete games, which would lead any NORMAL person to wonder when that will catch up with him and question his durability (including the 230 innings the last 2 years). Can you say Jason Schmidt or Chris Carpenter, Slim?
The only person I've ever heard question his durability is you. He's not injury prone, and his mechanics are sound. He's never spent ANY time on the DL, and he's never had any significant throwing issues. You are confusing what MIGHT happen with what IS happening: Not only has his ERA dropped every year since 2003, so has his BB/9 ratio, and WHIP. His K's increase every year. In 2006 when he pitched those 6 CG's, he started 35 games. He had no issues that year, the following year when he started 34 games, or so far this year. You are reaching at straws. Young, on the other hand, has NEVER pitched a complete game. has NEVER won more than 12 games in a season, walks over a batter per nine more than Harang. and he's had a fairly serious oblique and a back injury that caused him to sit on the 15 day DL last year, and a groin injury when he returned that caused him to leave several games early. Harang's only "injury" was a "muscle soreness of the lower back" after pitching 10 innings of baseball. He missed exactly zero starts and left exactly one game early (that one) due to injury in his career. Young is developing nicely into an outstanding pitcher. Aaron Harang is ALREADY one, and to be perfectly honest, if you can't see that - you don't see anything. I'll take consistently excellent statistics over hope and speculation any day. Problem with Chris Young being a "rising star" is that he's only one year younger than Aaron Harang. He's 29 years old.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Never thought this game was so competitive...

Must be phat football gamblers.
smile.gif
Evidently I permanently damaged Slim's psyche by questioning his draft a couple of years ago in football when he ASKED for comments on it. He's sort of a demented Clint Eastwood.

I have to admit so far he's beaten me every time in Fantasy Sports. But the South will rise again.

As for betting on sports, I beat him every time. I'm still enjoying some delicious salmon he sent after the Packers beat the Seahawks in the playoffs.

With some crow for the turn of events SO FAR in baseball.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello, Slim.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads