• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Screw paypal

breakfasteatre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had tracking information for both packages, including delivery confirmation in which he signed for the package.

Paypal took out 285 dollars, when the auction specifically stated the boots would only be insured for 100 bucks, unless further insurance was paid for.

So now, my verified paypal account with tons of transactions is lost in the wind. Im not paying for that bullshit

**** paypal and ebay.

Im absolutely ******* fuming.

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah Distinctive and I got owned on a $165 sale. Even if you have all the info they still **** you. They need to take some responsibility for these bad transactions in my opinion.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the club.

indy116

Reaction score
I sent a question to eBay about a live.com transaction that is all fucked up. They responded that they were forwarding my question to Paypal. Paypal responded and said they had frozen my account. Really was as simple as that.

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LOL, they best part is that ebay owns paypal...one time they suggested I call them.

whusurdadi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow...sorry about your issues - I have been fucked over one too many times - I no longer take paypal...I was going through $30k a month at one point, and I used to be able to bypass all the moron people working there and go straight to the managers/supervisors, and I was explaining to them why I hate paypal and he's giving me all these pointers like "always take your money out immediately - that way if there is a claim, they can't get your money..."
So from then on, I didn;t care if I had $3 or $3k, as soon as I got paid I withdrew the money.
Now that *********** over my 4th paypal account (I know, I know, I should give up already -- you can't pay on ebay without it, though)...it has like -$500+ in it from people who haven't gotten their stuff (I never shipped since they froze all the money) - and the money's stuck in "paypal no man's land"...and I keep getting these emails "please restore your account or you won;t be able to use paypal anymore" - like that's a threat
lol8[1].gif

I hope they go bankrupt!

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whusurdadi, How long ago did that negative paypal status start? I had the same mindset as you........... until Paypal sent my unpaid balance to collections.

I paid.

whusurdadi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
Whusurdadi, How long ago did that negative paypal status start? I had the same mindset as you........... until Paypal sent my unpaid balance to collections.

I paid.

I didn't use my real name or social!
*snap*
good luck finding tali weiss at some random apartment in baltimore - after my first account got fucked I wasn't putting my social within 100 miles of ebay/paypal...

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wiscogooner
call them. seriously. in my experience they want to keep customers and will negotiate/give refunds

This was my experience as well.... someone made a fraudulent transfer from my paypal account and long story short, paypal fixed it and then a week later they took the money back out saying my fraud claim was denied. I pushed past the normal phone support and was transfered to the "Escalations Dept" where they finally fixed the problem only after I threatened to cancel my paypal account.

But if you still have a hard time, here's over 300 phone numbers for paypal including employee's private lines
http://consumerist.com/307621/302-ph...uman-at-paypal
http://consumerist.com/5013915/all-t...ould-ever-want

johnny_flapjack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got pounded by them once b/c I was buying something for say $100 and had about $60 in my connected bank account. I specified bank account as the payment method, believing that it would hit my attached credit card for the other $40. Turns out it's the other way around. If you specify the credit card they will drain your paypal account first (something like that - point is I got the direction wrong but had plenty of funding sources attached to get it done). They evidently tried the transaction 2X and jacked me for a $25 or $30 fee both times. Didn't bother to tell me in between that it didn't work, and clearly didn't just move to the connected credit card instead. Bastards.

nate10184

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnny_flapjack
I got pounded by them once b/c I was buying something for say $100 and had about $60 in my connected bank account. I specified bank account as the payment method, believing that it would hit my attached credit card for the other $40. Turns out it's the other way around. If you specify the credit card they will drain your paypal account first (something like that - point is I got the direction wrong but had plenty of funding sources attached to get it done). They evidently tried the transaction 2X and jacked me for a $25 or $30 fee both times. Didn't bother to tell me in between that it didn't work, and clearly didn't just move to the connected credit card instead. Bastards.

Yeah I had something similar when I was trying to square a negative balance. They recommended that I use my credit card and then I got hit with all sorts of fees because it showed up as a "cash advance" on my card instead of a regular payment. I bitched for a while to a manager and she finally credited my account to cover the fees I incurred.

Moral of the Story: If you ever have a negative balance on paypal just withdraw from your bank account.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads